CASA taking 3 months to process medicals.

So, CASA decided to big note themselves by postponing pilots needing to submit medicals. Consequence a) the postponement cones to an end, causing consequence b)  they get a rush of applications, causing consequence c) above. Aren’t managers supposed to think ahead? 

• Agree 1

Anyone without special conditions on their class 2 medical can have it renewed by most DAME without any casa involvement. That has been my experience.  

Was told by Avmed 3 weeks ago that I'd better relax and chill - they were looking at 6-8 weeks to process a Class 1 or 2, (with conditions applying).  After several requests for ever more detailed reports, my grounding has now run out to 16 weeks.  Just when we had more students thru the door than in the last 15 years!   Time to retire, methinks.

not so happy days atm.

2 hours ago, poteroo said:

Was told by Avmed 3 weeks ago that I'd better relax and chill - they were looking at 6-8 weeks to process a Class 1 or 2, (with conditions applying).  After several requests for ever more detailed reports, my grounding has now run out to 16 weeks.  Just when we had more students thru the door than in the last 15 years!   Time to retire, methinks.

not so happy days atm.

Apparently, if its important you can get them to speed it up. Like, if you can’t work. 

On 16/07/2021 at 4:52 PM, APenNameAndThatA said:

Apparently, if its important you can get them to speed it up. Like, if you can’t work. 

Never tell CASA that you are losing filthy money due to delays - their charter does not cope with that!  It's like a red rag to a bull.  

18 hours ago, poteroo said:

Never tell CASA that you are losing filthy money due to delays - their charter does not cope with that!  It's like a red rag to a bull.  

My flying instructor might have just got lucky then🤷‍♂️