Covid 19

16 hours ago, aro said:

Are you a qualified lawyer, or one of your backyard lawyers?

Unqualified backyard.

Here's an example of some of the separation of powers during the Covid pandemic in Victoria: https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/court-finds-curfew-was-legal-dismisses-case-against-andrews-government-20201102-p56aon.html

1 hour ago, Flightrite said:

Oh the corrupt Govt & grubby media will milk this for all it's worth to keep the fear & hysteria alive!

Yeah, next thing you know the grubby media will be telling people that gravity is dangerous and they shouldn't jump off cliffs.   Those sheep that think they need planes or parachutes because of this imaginary "gravity"... pfff

• Like 2
  • Caution 1

28 minutes ago, skippydiesel said:

Hay Marty that just briliant - I would like to pass it aground - how about the link?

It was sent to me in an email, so doesn't have a link - unfortunately you'd have to download and send the actual file.

It's the Marsh family from Kent in the UK who have adapted a number of songs into lockdown ditty's. There's "Have the New Jab" (Hallelujah),  "Lockdown World" (Uptown Girl) and " Goodbye Pandemic Road"  (Goodbye yellow brick road) & their first that went viral from Les Miserables. A very talented family.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, skippydiesel said:

Hay Marty that just briliant - I would like to pass it aground - how about the link?

https://www.recreationalflying.com/uploads/monthly_2021_08/VIDEO-2021-01-15-15-36-51.mp4.d12abcac21caa0a00551df1a088bee6c.mp4

• Like 1

On 09/08/2021 at 1:33 PM, onetrack said:

While the "Live Free or Die" true believers still exist in the millions in the U.S. - and continue to "infect" with their beliefs, the stupid sections of our population, who worship "The American Way" - we are still going to struggle to confine outbreaks. I guess at least we still have inviolable laws to jail and fine the idiots - unlike a number of the U.S. States who think that abiding by laws infringes on their personal freedoms.

One can only hope that Darwins law of Natural Selection ensures the American idiots finally die out, and their toxic and ill-founded logic dies with them.

https://www.concordmonitor.com/Unlike-elsewhere-New-Hampshire-refunds-COVID-business-fines-41566356

I understand your sentiment, but in reality, even the most hick states in the US have double the vaccination rates of Australia. 

• Informative 1

And another..

"A chef who says he lost his father, mother and brother to Covid-19 within the space of a single week says all three had refused the vaccine after becoming frightened by misinformation."

Read more.

24 minutes ago, danny_galaga said:

I understand your sentiment, but in reality, even the most hick states in the US have double the vaccination rates of Australia. 

There are still complete No-Vaxx States; I think Alabama might be one.

The reason for the US higher vaccination to date was that they couldn't co-ordinate the separation distance+masks+hand sanitation+ contact tracing+14 day isolation which we developed and given us a fraction of the deaths per 100,000 so they went with emergency approved vaccination as the control whereas in Australia its a secondary measure designed to open up travel and business next year.

• Like 1

There are states creating weird laws around vaccinations and masks, but I think all states have higher rates than Australia e.g. Alabama is 35% fully vaccinated, 45% at least 1 dose. Mississippi is the lowest at 41.9% at least 1 dose. Australia is 44.7% 1 dose 23.1% fully vaccinated BUT that is people above 16 years, I think the US data is all people.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, aro said:

There are states creating weird laws around vaccinations and masks, but I think all states have higher rates than Australia e.g. Alabama is 35% fully vaccinated, 45% at least 1 dose. Mississippi is the lowest at 41.9% at least 1 dose. Australia is 44.7% 1 dose 23.1% fully vaccinated BUT that is people above 16 years, I think the US data is all people.

You're right, all are on the move. Johns Hopkins University of Medicine current figures. - average vaccinated = 50.84%

image.thumb.png.7efa52eeacd30678daf1ad295e900409.png

• Like 1

I have absolute contempt for the CV19 response by the NSW Government but this evening my disgust achieved an all time low -

You guys probably knew but I did not,- I just found out that under NSW pandemic lockdown regulations, it is perfectly legitimate to buy / sell a house and have prospective buyers travel to/from &  inspect a dwelling.

• Never mind the poor tenant(s) who can not prevent a host of prospective buyers coming through.
  • Never mind the prospective buyer(s) traveling anywhere in the State - one infected buyer traveled from Sydney to Byron - apparently this is okay.

What sort of quarantine/lockdown allows a non urgent (cant possibly be essential, can it?) traditional house sale? - good old Glady thinks this is an essential activity that must continue - she has some sort of understanding that the Virus will not spread through persons conducting a house inspection/purchase/sale . 

What the F------K!  can we get rid of this administration NOW!!!???

• Caution 1

I take it all back - the above comment is out of line.

Of course, if you have the thousands of construction industry workers as "essentials" then it makes perfect sense that the fruits of their labours should be up for sale and all prospective purchasers can travel when/where ever to buy the CV infected structure. Sorry Gladys

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, planesmaker said:

What didn’t you know?

it’s an old clip where he miss spoke and corrected himself in the full clip, not some sound bite you foolishly linked….

• Like 1

Golly this is up to 14 pages

If you look at the above a few posts back regarding the vaccination league table for the USA, looks very much like confederate / union states  in the color split.

• Agree 1

Went to the village pub  for dinner this eve.. Was really wierd walking into an area with other people and no mask. We were outsude the whole time, which made me a little more comfy.

Apart from the bar staff, most people over 50... and all jabbed...

Makes me thing with Delta, the bar staff should be jabbed, too. They were mainly under 25.

Back to the aviation theme.. Turns out being the only private pilot in the village (there is one rotor PPL in the next village) works a treat with the young bar staff...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1