Covid 19

29 minutes ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

Yeah.. maybe.. but that size 5 rolling pin has since made an appearnace 😉

Could have been worse….a pressure cooker, complete with lid 🙂

• Haha 3

On 12/08/2021 at 1:20 AM, planesmaker said:

Dodgy link eh..🤔 oh well...

Considering the link, when ‘numbers’ keep changing by the day it is easy enuf to miss-speak and get them back the front. 

...Although, as time goes by it seems the ‘numbers’ may back up that dodgy link. Depending which source yer go to Israel now has about 80% of their critical care virus patients as being fully vaxed before getting sick. From what I can glean Israel has the highest vaccine rates of over 75% of population.

Edited by Flying Binghi

9 minutes ago, Flying Binghi said:

Depending which source yer go to Israel now has about 80% of their critical care virus patients as being fully vaxed before getting sick. From what I can glean Israel has the highest vaccine rates of over 75% of population.

The percentage of people who are vaccinated and admitted to hospital will increase as more people are vaccinated. t is a little like saying that 95% of car accidents are wearing seat belts therefore seat belts don't  work. 

Full article A look inside Israel’s recent coronavirus outbreak

What is Israel’s post-vaccination outbreak like compared to pre-vaccination?

While vaccinated people are testing positive and being hospitalized in Israel’s delta outbreak, the current post-vaccination outbreak is only a fraction of the country’s worst pre-vaccination outbreak in January, reported The Washington Post.

• Currently, cases are less than one-tenth as many as during January’s peak.
  • Hospitalizations during the current outbreaks are less than one-sixteenth of January’s peak, per The Washington Post. Put differently, Israel is currently averaging 120 weekly hospital admissions. In January, the country averaged 2,000 weekly hospital admissions.
  • Most importantly, admission to intensive care units for severe COVID-19 cases is less than one-twentieth the number of admissions in January.
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, octave said:

The percentage of people who are vaccinated and admitted to hospital will increase as more people are vaccinated. t is a little like saying that 95% of car accidents are wearing seat belts therefore seat belts don't  work. 

Full article A look inside Israel’s recent coronavirus outbreak

What is Israel’s post-vaccination outbreak like compared to pre-vaccination?

While vaccinated people are testing positive and being hospitalized in Israel’s delta outbreak, the current post-vaccination outbreak is only a fraction of the country’s worst pre-vaccination outbreak in January, reported The Washington Post.

• Currently, cases are less than one-tenth as many as during January’s peak.
  • Hospitalizations during the current outbreaks are less than one-sixteenth of January’s peak, per The Washington Post. Put differently, Israel is currently averaging 120 weekly hospital admissions. In January, the country averaged 2,000 weekly hospital admissions.
  • Most importantly, admission to intensive care units for severe COVID-19 cases is less than one-twentieth the number of admissions in January.

What yer missed is what I think is an important detail - The age spread of critical patients is now younger.

Although, what is now showing up with the reduced critical care patient numbers that are claimed to be due to the increased vaccine rates may also be due to the reduced nocebo effect. If yer ‘believe’ the vaccine works, then it works..🤔  

If you believe wikipedia...

“A nocebo effect is said to occur when negative expectations of the patient regarding a treatment cause the treatment to have a more negative effect than it otherwise would have. For example, when a patient anticipates a side effect of a medication, they can suffer that effect even if the "medication" is actually an inert substance. The complementary concept, the placebo effect, is said to occur when positive expectations improve an outcome. Both placebo and nocebo effects are presumably psychogenic, but they can induce measurable changes in the body. One article that reviewed 31 studies on nocebo effects reported a wide range of symptoms that could manifest as nocebo effects including nausea, stomach pains, itching, bloating, depression, sleep problems, loss of appetite, sexual dysfunction and severe hypotension.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nocebo

Edited by Flying Binghi

2 minutes ago, Flying Binghi said:

What yer missed is what I think is an important detail - The age spread of critical patients is now younger.

Did you read the article?  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Flying Binghi said:

Although, what is now showing up with the reduced critical care patient numbers that are claimed to be due to the increased vaccine rates may also be due to the reduced nocebo effect. If yer ‘believe’ the vaccine works, then it works..🤔  

Yep that is an important point.     Because the placebo or nocebo effect is well known any drug or vaccine trial minimizes this by doing a double blind trial.   The efficacy rate is determined by the  difference in infections between those who have unknowingly been given the  actual vaccine vs those give a placebo.

• Like 1

Yes

My second jab had No side-effects on me, just hoping it,s Not a placebo.

BUT  l will get another A S P with a differant maker, first & second AstraZenica, third ( a little blue one ) Pfizer.  It should do the trick !.

spacesailor

7 hours ago, spacesailor said:

Yes

My second jab had No side-effects on me, just hoping it,s Not a placebo.

BUT  l will get another A S P with a differant maker, first & second AstraZenica, third ( a little blue one ) Pfizer.  It should do the trick !.

spacesailor

Unless you were in a trial, or injected by a German nurse, you got the real deal.

17 hours ago, octave said:

Yep that is an important point.     Because the placebo or nocebo effect is well known any drug or vaccine trial minimizes this by doing a double blind trial.   The efficacy rate is determined by the  difference in infections between those who have unknowingly been given the  actual vaccine vs those give a placebo.

Yep, though I were thinking of the possible nocebo effect of all the virus hysteria on those who got sick before the vaccines..🤔 

Of interest, I were watching a video on the ‘tower of babel’ tube and seen one referring to an ivermectin trail conducted in India. Seems ivermectin ‘worked’, though the placebo part of the trail also showed a positive result..... 🤔 

(The link to the study is on me work computer and I will post it later)

I try to look at all sides of an issue, though the ‘hidden’ politics discussion of the virus issue gives me eye glaze.

That said, the last few minutes of this video made me sit up and go WTF...

Edited by Flying Binghi

13 minutes ago, Flying Binghi said:

That said, the last few minutes of this video made me sit up and go WTF...

Might be easier if you are more specific about what causes you to "sit up and WTF"

I think the closing minutes of Prof. Doherty's interview, where he comments on the extremist capitalist(neo liberalism) approach to politics/society, is what is most striking. He condemns this one eyed simplistic approach - it is pretty well encapsulate by the concept that the market (money) will guide/dictate policy. Trump, Thatcher, Johnson and quite likely Scomo would seem to be adherents. The best example, of the long term application of this idea, is probably the good old USA - a societal basket case if there ever was one.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

You would think that with super-computers, a society could be modelled and the best policies found out. Alas, this seems not to be the case. People have a way to stymie this apparently.

The worst thing is that common sense does not seem to work... for example, it always seemed common sense to me that social welfare money had to come from the pockets of more thrifty folk. This turns out to be untrue, but it is so "obvious" that it underpins a lot of what we do.

Just why is it not so? Dunno if I can explain it either, but apparently very few of us are net taxpayers over our lives.

4 hours ago, octave said:

Might be easier if you are more specific about what causes you to "sit up and WTF"

Most of the video seemed fairly straight forward. Speaking a year back Doherty were putting up possibility’s, etc, re the virus.... then the jarring bit at the end re the world political order, or something.. ?

Considering Doherty has an institute named after him I guess his views rule..?🤔  https://www.doherty.edu.au

Makes me wonder just how far the ideology Doherty is pushing goes ?

Reporter Avi Yemeni is having some strange Police issues: https://m.youtube.com/c/AviYeminiOzraeli/videos

1 hour ago, kgwilson said:

It is ancient history in our knowledge of Covid-19. Premiered on the 30th of March 2020. Not even worth the effort to watch.

As an ‘how did we get to here from there’ backgrounder, the last 5 minutes may prove ‘educational’..🤔