Covid 19

18 hours ago, Bruce Tuncks said:

I don't think the percentage of vaccinated population matters...what does matter is the opportunity to be vaccinated.

If you turn down a vaccination, then you are stupid and deserve anything you get.

Personally, I quite like the idea that being vaccinated will not stop you passing the virus on.

Hmmm... have the full legal indemnity’s given to the vaccine manufacturers been lifted ?

12 hours ago, skippydiesel said:

Its all relative and at different times in history the same colonial power can be positively bloody and at another time, almost an angel of mercy & good governance. Don't forget it was the British in South Africa who invented the Concentration Camp

Oh!

I didn’t realise the British had gas chambers ?

21 hours ago, Markdun said:

...Around 1500 dead per million of population so far.

Keep in mind Sweden did pretty well considering they had a government MIA mainly because their population is well educated and despite not having lockdown rules, the vast majority actually headed advice to avoid contact with other people. Swedish friends tell us that many Swedes took off to their summer houses.  

This applied to Australia would be over 30 daily Covid deaths on an ongoing basis.  So when people say we would be ‘living with tge disease’ like the flu, you need to keep in mind the flu kills around 3000 Australians per year....my estimate is that Covid would kill 3 or 4 times that number.....so it is not ‘just like the flu’. 
If you are a follower of eugenics and involuntary euthanasia, then I suppose the over 10,000 expected deaths per annum we would get from ‘let’s all get vaccinated and let Covid rip’, would be good because the greatest number of deaths will be the aged (not in the labour market) and tge vulnerable, and they are just burden to the economy.

How many of the deaths were in the immigrant populations ? (I covered this some time back in this forum)

Apart from the wealthy ones, as far as I can see most Swedes actually did as they always did. CNN even had their tv crews filming the crowded streets of Sweden.

As to the “10,000”. Here in just Queensland we have over 10,000 children murdered every year, so, what’s another few dying ?

• Caution 1

18 hours ago, danny_galaga said:

To whoever mentioned Sweden, they didn't do too well

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-95699-9

From the link:

“...Initially, Denmark and Sweden had similar epidemic trajectories, suggesting similar levels of infection seeding in each country. Following the introduction of controls between March 13th and 18th, Denmark’s epidemic flattened more rapidly than Sweden’s, and by August Sweden had a five-fold higher mortality than Denmark. The UK trajectory differed from those Scandinavian countries in its higher early mortality, suggesting earlier or greater infection seeding. Nevertheless, despite its higher infection prevalence prior to the introduction of controls, by August the UK’s cumulative mortality was similar to Sweden’s...”

I see no mention in that research of the many and varied ‘risk factors’ that can shew a death rate dramatically. At best, looks to be very shoddy research.

I have covered in prior posts about the very high death rates in Swedens dark-skinned immigrant populations.

Remember, white skin evolved to make full use of poor sunshine conditions with the exception being the eskimos who were able to get their vitamin D, and other nutrients, from their extreme meat diet.

England also had a very high dark-skinned death rate.

As to Denmark and vitamin D. They attended to the issue over 10 years ago. Especially targeting the “dark-skinned immigrants”. Unfortunately, the link wont let me do the polite thing and post a quote. The reference is paragraph six:

https://www.nutraingredients.com/Article/2005/04/11/Denmark-promotes-vitamin-D-supplements

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Flying Binghi said:

As to Denmark and vitamin D. They attended to the issue over 10 years ago. Especially targeting the “dark-skinned immigrants”.

And yet although they did better than Sweden they have done worse than Australia.  Denmark population 5,8 million and 2560 deaths, Australia population 25.8 million and 967.

23 minutes ago, octave said:

And yet although they did better than Sweden they have done worse than Australia.  Denmark population 5,8 million and 2560 deaths, Australia population 25.8 million and 967.

Yep. The comparison between the Denmark and Sweden all-cause death rate is stark.

Have a look-see at the Euromomo all cause death rate graphs: https://www.euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps/

Of interest is the UK breakdowns between England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Island. Why is Wales so low ?

Edited by Flying Binghi

1 hour ago, Flying Binghi said:

As to the “10,000”. Here in just Queensland we have over 10,000 children murdered every year, so, what’s another few dying ?

Total rubbish.  The total murder rate for the whole of Australia is around 400 per annum (source ABS), so children in Qld can be nowhere near 10,000.  Just consider how much we collectively pay to save a few score deaths a year with road safety works and regulations impinging upon our freedoms to drive fast, unlicensed and drunk.  My wife’s view on road congestion (which also costs us a fortune) is to have no speed limits during peak congestion periods....if you want to travel safely, drive off-peak.

As to the death rate among dark skinned people, I’d like to see some research.  I scanned the research on Covid death rates...and there were quite a few, and they all consistently said the infection fatality rate was not related to race, but to age, and the age death rate relation was logarithmic.  Of-course, this is not the same as infection rate by race.

Vitamin D deficiency is well known for dark skinned people in high latitudes, particularly among people who cover their skin with clothes...perhaps that’s why the Scandies are frequently naked???  But it is also emerging in Australia as a consequence of being sun safe, particularly children. A couple of my sons mates at primary school were constantly getting into trouble for not wearing hats in the playground and as a consequence were often not allowed to run around outside.  They happened to be very dark skinned aboriginal kids....another example where applying rules blindly equally results in inequality!

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

FB perhaps it would be interesting to consider the current situation in Australia.   We have 2 similar states NSW and Victoria.  The people of these two states are pretty similar.    Victoria at the moment is treading water at around 25 a day whilst NSW seems to be out of control.  I doubt that this is because of vitamin D.     Victoria has in recent times gone early and hard on the lockdowns and mask wearing.    Likewise WA has avoided outbreaks getting out of control.

I think the 10,000 estimate would have been abortions. This figure , to most of us, has nothing to do with the murder rate.

Why not include wasted sperms and make the figure millions?

But please don't stop posting ,fb. As a freckled kid who grew up in Alice Springs, I  really liked your stuff about dark people and vitamin D. It never occurred to me that there was another side to the uv argument.

2 hours ago, Flying Binghi said:

As to the “10,000”. Here in just Queensland we have over 10,000 children murdered every year, so, what’s another few dying ?. 

No flamin' idea where you got the 10,000 kids dying every year, but ABS says differentVery different...According to them, there were 32,473 deaths in Qld in 2019 - so to suggest 1/3rd of them were murdered and children is utter bollocks.

Their actual number of "Other external cause of mortality - Assault" was 41 males, 12 females.

Edited by KRviator

1 hour ago, Bruce Tuncks said:

I think the 10,000 estimate would have been abortions. This figure , to most of us, has nothing to do with the murder rate.

Why not include wasted sperms and make the figure millions?

But please don't stop posting ,fb. As a freckled kid who grew up in Alice Springs, I  really liked your stuff about dark people and vitamin D. It never occurred to me that there was another side to the uv argument.

Bingo. 

So, if you punch a pregnant women in the stomach and the unborn child dies you will only go to court for the punch ?

16 hours ago, skippydiesel said:

Its all relative and at different times in history the same colonial power can be positively bloody and at another time, almost an angel of mercy & good governance. Don't forget it was the British in South Africa who invented the Concentration Camp

America were right in there with first concentration camps in the Philippines, if they weren't the first they perfected it. 

12 minutes ago, Flying Binghi said:

Meanwhile, journalist Avi Yemini ‘doorstops’ some journalists at work...

I am not sure what this has to do with the epidemiology.   I certainly don't approve of vilifying wider groups.   The event I think referred to here is the engagement party where 69 people gathered together.  Ignorance is no excuse as they were videoed joking about flouting the restrictions.   These individuals should not really be surprised by the reaction. As of today there are six infections associated with this event.   

Sure aggressive media interviewing is bad but this does not diminish the selfish stupid behavior, not of a whole ethnic group or religion but a bunch of selfish people.  

I am still interested in your explanation for the different trajectories of NSW and Victoria outbreak.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, red750 said:

NSW has 633 new cases today and Gladys says it will get worse.  FFS stay home! 

The contact tracing workload must be just about bursting. Wouldn't surprise me if some Victorian tracers are sent up or join in from Vic along with SA and WA

• Like 1

Fundamentalist groups, of any/all persuasion, are very very bad karma. In general they answear to a higher authority (than the law of the land), as articulated by their leaders (priests/rabbis/mullahs, etc) that absolves them of responsibility for any deed/action that they deem to be handed down/sanctioned by their spiritual leader(s). So that Jewish mob probably all feel that they have done no wrong. Throw the book at them and then some - send a message to all similar groups that dissent of this type will not be tolerated.

Edited by skippydiesel
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Jabiru7252 said:

Too many experts sitting in their couches blasting our leaders, calling them slouches...

You forgot loathsome, blame shifting and talking of blame shifting Scotty from marketing has been absent. One of his very few public appearances he said the mission in Afghanistan was accomplished so all OK. After the Russians left there 20 years ago the place was overun in a couple of weeks, now Scotty from marketing says it happened too fast to try and help  those that helped us. Those that don't learn from history. Thread drift, spin is the connection.......

This is the sort of stupidity that is completely unfathomable. All 69 are getting a $5000.00 fine so that $345,000 plus a bit more for other breaches for being stupid and laughing about it. One person was positive and now 6 more have tested positive and there are a whole lot of exposure sites.

NZ got 1 community case in Auckland and immediately locked the entire country down yesterday. There are now 7 cases and they have been linked to the NSW outbreak. The strain is so transmissible it got out through people in Hotel quarantine passing it to another group in a room on the opposite side of the hallway (who originally tested negative) when doors were opened for 3 to 5 seconds up to 4 times when food was being delivered.

1 minute ago, Student Pilot said:

You forgot loathsome, blame shifting and talking of blame shifting Scotty from marketing has been absent. One of his very few public appearances he said the mission in Afghanistan was accomplished so all OK. After the Russians left there 20 years ago the place was overun in a couple of weeks, now Scotty from marketing says it happened too fast to try and help  those that helped us. Those that don't learn from history. Thread drift, spin is the connection.......

There is absolutely no excuse Australia lack of moral responsibility in this matter. I am ashamed of our responsible  leaders.

Logical planning would suggest that all Australian helper/supporters & their families should have been given the opportunity to leave Afghanistan BEFOR out troops departed and we closed our Embassy. Even if the Taliban had not surprise themselves and the political leadership of the west, the absence of our troops/administration would have made getting our friends out, very difficult.

• Agree 3