Classifieds clutter

JG3

I have found the Classified section to be very useful for selling items and has potential for much more. Is there any way to delete those items that have long since been sold and now labelled 'Completed' or 'Expired'?? They clutter up the list and make scrolling tedious......

• Winner 1

An excellent idea. I hate scrolling through hundreds of useless ads on other websites (mostly equipment and vehicle websites), looking for items for sale - only to find they sold 5 years ago - but they're still being advertised, as being for sale!!

It's a scam by many sales websites to make it look like they're a lot bigger and more important than they really are. Of course, some sites tell sellers to take their ads down when they've sold the item - and they simply forget (I've done it).

But I reckon a good system is one where an ad is deleted after several months - or a reminder is sent to the seller that their ad is being removed, and if they still have the item for sale, they must advise the webmaster accordingly, that they want it left up.

If there's a need to keep old ads for reference, then an "archived ad" area could possibly be added?

If the sold items remained at the bottom of the list that could be OK. Newest items at top,then older items, finally sold items. Having the sold items visible could help people see how much an item might be worth.

• Agree 1

It's easy enough to post the ads. Surely we should be able to delete when we wish to. Could be made possible under the 'Edit' function.

Spacey, on the upper right of the page you'll see "Mark site read". Click on that menu, and it removes all the threads that are visible in "what's new".  You do get a reminder message, after clicking the button, asking if you want to mark all threads as read. 

Read every thread you want to read, ignore the ones you don't want to read, then click "Mark site read", and all the threads disappear.

NOPE

lt didn,t work.

Next time maybe ?.

Just went back & bekhold only the ' never ending story, being stubbor. LoL

I Can, live with that one.

Many thanks again.

spacesailor

Edited by spacesailor
More added

• 2 weeks later...

I sure wish that I could delete those old ads that have sold months ago. Surely it's not that hard to make it that clicking 'Complete' could delete the ad. I won't be adding more ads until I can delete when I want to.

I have created a separate category in the Classifieds section called Completed and 5 days after a classified ends the system will automatically move a completed advert into this category. This will prevent categories from being clogged with expired adverts yet still enable further interaction from a potential buyer after the advert ends...hope this helps

• Like 1
  • Informative 1