Fuel header warning light / test switch

Marty_d

The one that keeps me awake at night me is the fuel water test outlet(s) going open.... or not closing well. depending on where they are , I like to turn on the aux pump and check my fuel drops are not leaking- for some aircraft that have a drop in front of the firewall .

Jabiru : Yes, trying to (verify)  out how much fuel you have on the Jabiru  means about 10 minutes looking at them regularly and taking an average ! 

• Like 1

Can / will happen over time.  I carry a spare new unit (Curtis brand) and a couple of suitable size 'o' rings ('o' rings will work as a temporary fix); for just in case I notice or become aware of such a drain valve leak during an away trip or at D.I. check I can do some maintenance and be away again.  My tool and spare kit is just over 4 kg but happy to carry at all times.

I'm interested in these as I don't have fuel gauges and no way to have a sight gauge.  I do have the Sav header tank which should give me a flashing LED when there's no more wing tank fuel coming in to it, but that's it (apart from, obviously, dip stick & fuel flow calculator).

Should order them from Ali Express, they might make it here next year.

• Like 1