Crash this morning (18/08/21) near Coochin Creek Bribie Island

Doesnt look good. Brisbane Times report a crash west of Bribie Island near Coochin Creek. The picture looks like it maybe a Pitts special from Caboolture...not sure though. I hope not as I think it maybe the one 2 hangars down from mine

• 2 months later...

Hearing on news that cracked eye bolts discovered.  Should be more in the released report to date.  News reported advising other similar aircraft owner (maybe only one other in Australia.)  All detail unconfirmed just heard on radio news (ABC) today.

• Informative 1

26 minutes ago, Flightrite said:

The other SA750 has been on the market for a long time, I nearly bought it but the Covid BS put paid to that, maybe even saved me! 
ive got a few eyebolt attach points on my machines, got me thinking now!

There is nothing wrong with eye bolts when used correctly for struts or stays, control rods etc. In that design there is a rigid point at the top of the (3) cabane struts where the eye bolt screws in. Any loads from positive and negative g or rolling would put side loads on the threads, threads are not designed for this. 

Screenshot_20211103-194719_Chrome.jpg

• Informative 2

Easy to rig but something fixed would be better once that is done. . A thread is a crack initiating fault. All corners should be radiused and Not even a scratch allowed. It's NOT a high time aeroplane.  Nev

• Like 1
  • Informative 1