WTH! has anyone else receivdthe email: re new ASIC CARD requirements ?

circuitsun

I don't think that fear of a hit man is the deterrent. Most of the retired guys around here would be trying for the reward and the hit man would be overwhelmed. In any case, I have never met a real hit man and doubt their existence. What is the true deterrent then? I reckon its that the cops regard this area as their own territory and don't want anybodies assistance.

Besides, I would have a special deal for the hit men who betrayed their employer. You would be richer and legal and free so only the stupid ones would not accept a deal.

17 hours ago, kgwilson said:

I was challenged at Ballina & was told I could not go to the cafe. I said OK waited a bit & then went to the cafe. What are the supposed enforcers going to do anyway. They have no power to lock you up. You are already there so there is no point in saying you aren't allowed here. Next time I'm going to invite the dork to search my plane for bombs and guns & see what reaction I get.

haha - Ballina is just one weird place - avoid!

On 09/10/2021 at 9:34 AM, SSCBD said:

Any people landed without one - What happened to you? 

I haven't been to a Security Controlled airport yet, but when I was planning a trip to Moruya,  I rang the airport manager and asked.

The response was to check the RPT schedule and just make sure we're not on the apron 1 hour either side of the RPT arrival or departure time.

All other times, we were welcome to come and go as we please.

So best to check with the operator.

• Like 2

Only time I ever needed an ASIC was after landing at Tindal in the NT. The exit gates were remotely controlled and security wouldn't open them without an ASIC.

• Like 1

On 09/10/2021 at 8:34 AM, SSCBD said:

Any people landed without one - What happened to you? 

At Roma, the person driving the vehicle and wearing the vest won't tell you the gate code unless you shown him an ASIC. At Quilpie, Charleville and Archerfield (!), the code is written on the inside of the gate. I expect that you could get someone to tell you the code at Roma. So, you could probably get away with most small places without a card. If you have the gate code, you can get to the toilet, leave the aerodrome and get back in again. 

• Like 1

Just casually pee on the left rear tyre of his vehicle while he is explaining you can't get out to go to the toilet. That should get him excited & then explain that dogs do it & don't get fined or punished so neither should you. The situation may deteriorate from there but at least it will be a memorable visit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Self declaring 🤣 what a waste of time and money. How many layers of security are required? The old days everybody who help a private licence and up had an ASIO file, is it the same now with an RAA licence? Anybody with a powder ticket or firearms licence also had an ASIO file along with all number of triggers, anybody on the fringes of left politics being one. I wonder now do they monitor far right and conspiracy theory mobs now? They are by far a greater risk to Australia than international terrorism. Look at other countries for what can happen, US for instance. Red neck conspiracy theorists are the biggest threat to democracy.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Winner 1

From November 2021 directors will need to verify their identity as part of a new director ID requirement under the Australian Business Registry Services (ABRS), established by the Federal Government’s implementation of the ‘Modernising Business Registers Program’ (MBR Program). A Director Identification Number (Director ID) is a unique identification number that all existing directors will be required to have by no later than 30 November 2022. Among other entities this applies to directors of companies.

This sounds like the "Australia Card" that got voted down years ago. If you have a family trust then you are a director and have to do this. Maybe also a self-managed super fund?

Edited by pmccarthy

Yes, its people like the directors of RAAus and the other 2.6 million registered companies in Australia who are the true threat to global security. That includes 600,000 not-for-profit charitable companies. All their directors go on the new register. They can run but they can no longer hide.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, onetrack said:

So ... it's all you corporate directors that are the real threat to Australias security! I knew it! Fancy having taken this long to determine who your real enemy is! :cheezy grin:

Don’t worry too much, the AFP are running low budget!  They turned up a my house a few years back for a days questioning, arrived in a white rental Corolla.  My first question was …….where is your black helicopter?  Got budget restrictions have you?

I would not worry too much…….they probably hunting the Extinction Rebellion super glue freaks, aviators have nothing to worry about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hmmm... 2.6m companies, avg 3 directors, yearly renewal $100 = $7,800,000,000 p/a. Who ever thought that up is going to get a great bonus.

Show me the MONEY !!!!

Edited by Cosmick
  • Like 1

So did anyone else see a whole bunch of suits on the news, such as QF Alan Joyce, SCOMO and others, inside the Qantas hangar, probably at Syd-enny, announcing Qantas returning to international flying?

AIRSIDE.       NOT AN ASIC IN SIGHT.

AJ "tanked"a lot of people, like ScoMo. That's nice.

• Haha 1