Today I bought a T300 Thruster :-)

jackc

Subject says it all 🙂

Went to Mackay to look at it, and had to buy it……in great condition with spares, Icom radio and headset.  A pile of documentation and very well kept logs, 25 rego. Happy as a cat with 10 tails!  Being delivered to me the next weekend.

97A6E31A-7049-43F7-9C1E-75AEEC293222.jpeg

0CD75FCF-8B22-49BB-96FD-F9F0A702C1EC.jpeg

553D7066-FC0D-4AE6-BFB1-5EBD583A4CF4.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Winner 3

I need to hurry up and get my airstrip done.  Just waiting for the right weather to get the D6 in that I am dry hiring.

Very dry here a present, probably need 50mm to go to work. All marked out with some preliminary work done, just some big trees in the way.

The owner before Ray owns the Lightwing in the same (Matts) hangar.  He still misses the Truster as he did heaps of flying in it. Shame missed you as I'm doing my annual on the Nynja in the 2nd hangar back from the northern end.  Enjoy the Thruster, did you do a fly in her with Mike?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blueadventures said:

The owner before Ray owns the Lightwing in the same (Matts) hangar.  He still misses the Truster as he did heaps of flying in it. Shame missed you as I'm doing my annual on the Nynja in the 2nd hangar back from the northern end.  Enjoy the Thruster, did you do a fly in her with Mike?

No fly today, the wind was too strong, had we gone up……..the wind would have blown us to Townsville 😞   Never mind, we may catch up another time.  Can’t wait for Mike to fly it down to me……it’s a great little plane in very good condition!

Weekend looks good weather, planning to fly to Ayr if get annual finished.  No surprises yet, just a couple of adjustments.  Cleaned the air filters tonight so re oil tomorrow when dry.  Then the undercarriage and brakes and then will be in the home straight.  Should finish off on Thursday.

Mikes at good pilot and great guy; should try and fit in a fly with him as he has been flying Ray a fair bit in recent times.  Is your strip ok for flying or another near by, even Emu Park.  Cheers and enjoy.

Edited by Blueadventures
  • Agree 1

My strip not yet done, am hiring a D6 after some rain, should take about. 5 hours work……then I can attack it with my small dozer to finish off. Emu Park is viable, facilities there…

• 4 weeks later...

No, not yet but close……just waiting to hear back from my comprehensive insurance changeover from my other aircraft that probably won’t be flying for a while.  I ordered and paid for a new set of skins today, even though the ones on it are in very good shape. My Garmin Aera 660 GPS and mounts came today, along with some nav charts I wanted. So I need to set the GPS up and load some ALAs as waypoints. An aviator’s work is never done 🙂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BrendAn said:

Where did you find new skins.

I haven't even thought about insurance.  I just assumed no one would cover it.

I ordered skins from Wingtech today, but sadly they will be no more as they are closing down end of this month and Alan is retiring, no one taking the business over……..I was the last order I was told 😞. So, I am not sure IF there is alternative company they can be purchased from.   Maybe a sailmaker somewhere could do them, but probably need the aircraft as they would not have templates.  Hopefully Wingtech inventory may find it way to someone willing to do them.   

Might end up using Bunnings silver tarps DIY fitted 🙂.  That would be flying on a wing and a prayer!!

Insurance?   PSB Insurance are contacting their underwriter and will know tomorrow what is happening.

• Like 1

I am glad you got your skins. I thought wingtech had already closed. It would be great if someone took over that business.  The poly tarp could be self tensioning if you put enough occy straps on.😁

• Haha 1

My skins left Wingtech yesterday, he said they are the last ones to be made……sadly no more since Alan is retiring and all his machinery sold off 😞  End of an era……..

• Like 1