Thruster Parts (Australia)

Captain Beaver

Great to see some pics - mine is coming along nicely but has been a much bigger project then anticipated.

Does anyone locally carry any bushes for these (getting some made is taking some time).

Also can I fit the rear firewall to my TST/T300? Can I make one or do I have to get a factory one?

So many questions so little time!

I got power into the system so just finalising the new fuel lines and then will see if it starts and runs - fingers crossed!

Happy landings!

1 hour ago, SAJ said:

BrendAn where is the T300 you brought

Nsw. I am in vic. Hopefully the border will open soon. If not i will send one of my trucks up to to get it with a transport border pass.

14 minutes ago, Captain Beaver said:

Great to see some pics - mine is coming along nicely but has been a much bigger project then anticipated.

Does anyone locally carry any bushes for these (getting some made is taking some time).

Also can I fit the rear firewall to my TST/T300? Can I make one or do I have to get a factory one?

I got power into the system so just finalising the new fuel lines and then will see if it starts and runs - fingers crossed!

Happy landings!

It would be good if you had a wrecked one for parts . Sure to be few in the back of sheds collecting dust.

12 minutes ago, SAJ said:

I have the same problem, I'm in QLD and I brought an Aero Pup which is in NSW. Hopefully the borders will open up soon.

Yes. Its a pain. Got any pics of the aeropup. My dream plane. 

Still brings a smile to my face to remember the T300 I first went for a TIF in back in Dec 1986 over in SA ... blood ran a bit cold when the instructor nearly fell into the prop when pull starting the 503 with me strapped in ... but after we were in the air the Thruster was and remains the bees knees of Australian ultralights ... Drifters are fun and the Lightwing is comfy but the Thruster had my heart from that day.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Methusala said:

I heard a rumour, (I heard it on the grapevine...) that my aircraft was effectively demolished when the storage shed collapsed due storm damage.

Cannot personally verify this - has anyone heard anything?

Its in excellent  condition

36 minutes ago, Methusala said:

I heard a rumour, (I heard it on the grapevine...) that my aircraft was effectively demolished when the storage shed collapsed due storm damage.

Cannot personally verify this - has anyone heard anything?

Resized_20210903_063900_7416.jpeg

On 10/10/2021 at 11:11 PM, Captain Beaver said:

Happy landings!

Captain beaver i apologise for hijacking your thread. 

Happy 

Edited by BrendAn

Happy landings!

Technically you cannot make any modifications without approval, a costly process. Although I have a t500 the t300 is nice if you want to look around, having 360° visibility. One advantage of the back wall is it firms up the seat backs. I have seen this over come with a piece of wood about 50x15mm screwed to the seat at the top and resting against the uprights.

This thread has a good title, we should continue it discussing all things Thruster.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2021 at 11:24 PM, BrendAn said:

Nsw. I am in vic. Hopefully the border will open soon. If not i will send one of my trucks up to to get it with a transport border pass.

How long do have before you can pick up your plane now. I Am hoping to go and get mine next week.

Happy landings!

I see jacks and my t300s have rear walls. Must have been fitted to the later builds maybe.  

• Agree 1

G'day Brendan sorry I haven't replied sooner. I went away flying on the weekend. I've got 2 weeks off over Christmas so I am hopping to go then.                                  The rear bulkhead on Jacks T300 is home made, Iv'e still got the aluminium tubing to make the rear fuselage it into a T500 in my hanger.

9 hours ago, SAJ said:

G'day Brendan sorry I haven't replied sooner. I went away flying on the weekend. I've got 2 weeks off over Christmas so I am hopping to go then.                                  The rear bulkhead on Jacks T300 is home made, Iv'e still got the aluminium tubing to make the rear fuselage it into a T500 in my hanger.

Christmas will be here in no time.  

Mine was probably home made as well i guess. 

28 minutes ago, BrendAn said:

Christmas will be here in no time.  

Mine was probably home made as well i guess. 

I will go back through my logs and see IF it was a home made addition?   Would have to be probably factory sanctioned for. 23 rego aircraft?

• Like 1