Thruster Parts (Australia)

Captain Beaver

I know Allan of Wingtech sold all his inventory, machinery and I imagine all the skins templates must have gone somewhere. He did use up all the skins materials at the end.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jackc said:

I know Allan of Wingtech sold all his inventory, machinery and I imagine all the skins templates must have gone somewhere. He did use up all the skins materials at the end.

It will be good if someone takes over.

I had a breakthrough just before. Spoke to horizon sails in Melbourne. They have done plenty of ultralight skins in the past and will do thruster skins.  They are booked out until January because of COVID holding them up.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

That is great news Brendan. There are plenty of Thrusters that could be returned to service if support is available in the future. There is a Russian company making clone 503 engines now.

Edited by Thruster88
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Thruster88 said:

That is great news Brendan. There are plenty of Thrusters that could be returned to service if support is available in the future. There is a Russian company making clone 503 engines now.

Just need them to do a 582 as well.  I see hirth 65 hp EFI 2 strokes advertised. Are they a good 582 replacement. Don't here them mentioned much.

• 3 weeks later...

Another thruster has followed me home. Almost free, it has good potential to return to the sky. Engine has no data plate, it is a dual carb but with smaller bing 84 carbs not the usual 54, think it might be a 447. Just need a pod and remove the mods.

Resized_20211127_134607_1355.jpeg

Resized_20211128_103327_1935.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Informative 1

On 05/11/2021 at 9:07 AM, BrendAn said:

He never flew it. Just taxied. We had roofs ripped off and even a truck blown on its side that day . I doubt if there is any ultralight that can handle those conditions. It was the Gemini you looked at.

Update on the thruster incident.

The reliable source was not so reliable. I met the owner this week and got the true story. It was parked outside his shed on a farm and the storm hit before he got back to put it away. It got picked up and flipped a few times.  

• Informative 1

On 17/09/2021 at 9:42 PM, Captain Beaver said:

Hi team,

I have recently purchased a TST/300 and putting her back in the air.

Was in storage for sometime so a few bits missing.

I am chasing the small bushes that fit at the front of the fin (under and below the fues tube).

Does anyone know of any or have any!

Look forward to sharing more about this little jigger when she is finished!

Cheers Mark

(Tasmania)

Are you still after parts mark. I have been given a wreck if you still want the bushes

Edited by BrendAn

16 hours ago, Methusala said:

Looks very nice! What diameter is that prop?

The pod looks good from a distance. I did a terrible paint job but it can wait . I just want to fly it . 

Minor setback.  We ran the engine up yesterday before the test flight and a piece of magnet or stator broke off and destroyed the flywheel magnets and stator. Should have the new bits this week.  What's funny is it still ran perfect . The lame picked up by accident when he wound the prop by hand we could hear something rubbing.

• Informative 1

I have seen outboards do the same thing. Most go forever and some don't.   The flywheel was a mission to get off without the right puller. They really lock onto the taper.

35 minutes ago, jackc said:

My Dingo digger with a 23hp Kohler V Twin motor  did the same, no reason. $1000 in parts to fix…….

I got lucky. Just got given a good flywheel and stator .  

• Winner 1

I got to taxi it for a bit anyway. I was expecting the tail wheel to steer a lot worse than what it did.  Just had to give it lots of peddle to turn . I was pleasantly surprised after reading about how difficult they were on the ground. I guess I don't know any different so that helps.

Ahh Love it - we need to save them all - I flew yesterday had a ball.

The hole was for inspection i think of instrument wiring/rudder setup - somewhere I seen an 'approved' mod for it but not sure thats how it was supposed to look!

Be good to restore some of these - mines coming along nicely 🙂

Ill try attatch some pics when its done!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Thruster88 said:

Whent for a nice fly in the RV yesterday and found another thruster that needs a good home....... not sure what the big hole is about🤔.

Resized_20211212_093434_7188.jpeg

Is it for sale