Fuel flow

Hi Marty.

1. ICP advocate the use of Loctite 577 at the fuel tank fittings. I used this also on my manifold fittings etc.

2. ICP provide nicely made worm drive hose clamps. I needed some extras but was unable to source anything of the same quality locally.. If there is a better option, as outline by Skippy above, I would definitely go for that.

3. The fuel manifold and fuel taps we are sourcing from China (it may be possible to get them locally, but you pay a premium). They are one size down from the domestic ball valves used for isolating taps and WC cisterns etc. I use Ali Express, first search for 'air manifold' and locate the required manifold block: they come with various numbers of ports, are normally used as workshop air line splitters. This allows you to check the thread size, you can now go hunting for ball valves of that thread size. The down side is that delivery will be slow and sometimes they stuff up the orders.

4. ICP supply the 5 way fuel splitter for the Savannah. It is very simple, a block of aluminium with 5 threaded ports. 3 of the ports take standard barbed hose fittings: these are the fuel coming in, and the fuel going out to the two carbs. The other two ports have a very small orifice, they go to the fuel pressure gauge and the fuel return (this latter is crucial to avoid vapour lock, especially if taking off with the engine still warm after a recent shutdown). I don't know if anyone supplies this part. It would not be hard to make if you can ascertain the orifice size: suggest you ask Mark.

• Like 1

I like the idea of IBob's 5 way splitter.

Just a thought; you can create the return line & fuel pressure manifolds by using brass T fittings - just solder up one outlet and then using a 1mm drill bit,  drill out a small exit hole. Could probably do the same with "plastic" T piece, substituting the solder with one of the fuel resistant epoxy resins.

• Like 2