Medical certificate third class

Lovetofly

Hello,

I'm new to flying and need a little help. Im trying to get my private pilot certificate and I found out the medication I'm taking is allowed but is case by case basis. I visited a AME medical examiner and he advised that I need to see a HIMS AME. I'm in the Dfw are and found an examiner in Plano. My question is has any of you had to go down this same road and if so what should I expect? Luckily I only had two flt lesson when I found out about the medication issue. 

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi Lovetofly, there are not many USA pilots on this site. I hope one of them will respond for you. I take medication for blood pressure and heart rhythm, both are accepted here but as you say on a case by case basis. I understand that there are commercial pilots flying internationally with heart rhythm problems stabilised with medication.

Have a look at the FAA web site. That is the Federal Aviation Authority in USA. You will get better info there than from recreational pilots in Australia.

This site seems to have been recently discovered by USA, or maybe it has become more international. All welcome anyway.