Jackie Moggridge - ATA

Remembering Jackie Moggridge – the youngest World War II Air Transport Auxiliary pilot who safely flew over 1,500 aircraft during the war.

There is now a Jackie Moggridge Spitfire RAF Award in memory of the pioneering aviator, and it is awarded annually to the 'Best female aircrew or engineer who has demonstrated outstanding potential.'

Born 1922 Pretoria South Africa.   Died 2004  - FIRST Lady Airline Captain.

Lest we forget.

( Source wikipedia )

1842308163_JACKIMOGGERIDGE-ATA.jpg.c334c8aa1a468dcbad87a6a05c75b508.jpg
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 1

I shouldn't say, [obviously at risk of being labelled a pervert of some kind ]  But will anyway  that this is a really attractive lady.

( Jerry is obviously in agreement, so I'm not alone ) 

I just wish that I'd been able to see and thank this Lady for her service Personally.

Edited by Phil Perry
  • Like 2

On 27/10/2021 at 8:29 PM, Phil Perry said:

( Jerry is obviously in agreement, so I'm not alone ) 

The first though that came to my mind was lucky fella that ended up with her...

OK.. I am Aussie born and bred - moved out here when I was 30 (and a bit).. But, I have to say.. *cough and ahem, together*, at the risk of pitchforks greeting me next time I arrive at tulla.. er.. English women (or more accurately, women that live in England - even the Aussies).. are.. *ahem, cough*.. on a pro-rata basis, *ahem, cough* a bit more attractive that their Aussie counterparts (actually, when Aussie and Kiwi girls come out here, they realise they have competition and smarten up quick smart)...

I think the sun down there does things... and Maccas doesn't help...

Although, I have to be honest, London has a concentration that even competes with Sweden...

In my last contract, I had to wirk in London 5 days a week. I ended up sharing a flat rental with an Aussie single lady about my age. Everyone asked my partner what she thought about it.. "Oh, she's an Aussie - no worries!"

Sorry fellas.. though in Aussie girl's defence, they are effein highly strung here... Ask my how I know!

• Haha 1

Notwithstanding Jerry,. . .I'm still completely in love with Saffer Wimmins . . . . Been online chatting to a self made millionaire Lady oop Liverpool way for some years now.  She's in her sixties and has a lovely cruel S.O.H.   

I knew several Saffers when working in Brisbane also.   It was amusing when my good Lady said she couldn't work out what they were saying ! ! !   I think Afrikaaners have a gorgeous Lilt.