Infected website

red750

Sounds like an over-active AV programme to me. I'm sure a lot of these AV programmes make up threats to ensure you keep buying their product.

I went to Red750's photo gallery, it opened just fine, and my Malwarebytes said nothing about an infected site when I clicked on his photo gallery link.

The version of Avast I use is the free download version - I pay nothing. 

From Wikipedia:   Botnet.

A botnet is a number of Internet-connected devices, each of which is running one or more bots. Botnets can be used to perform Distributed Denial-of-Service (DDoS) attacks, steal data, send spam, and allow the attacker to access the device and its connection. The owner can control the botnet using command and control (C&C) software. The word "botnet" is a portmanteau of the words "robot" and "network". The term is usually used with a negative or malicious connotation.

I don't know what type of bot is supposed to be on the Airport-Data site - but the Simda bot is common. I went to the Kaspersky site to check if my computer has been infected with a Simda bot, and it told me my computer is Simda bot-free.

I certainly haven't had any indications of bot infection in my computer. Another user on a tractor forum I frequent, also claimed his AV said the tractor forum was infected, and it blocked him from the forum.

But there's nothing wrong with the forum, everyone else is using it just fine, and the webmaster is right on top of viruses, bots, and scammers. I reckon the Avast mob want you to go from a free version to a paid version.

MacAfee AV was noted for scamming MacAfee users with fake virus warnings, and MacAfee himself was the biggest crook around.

https://checkip.kaspersky.com/

Edited by onetrack

My old PC Is infected with 'ransom ware '.

Had two Antivirus,  standard Microsoft on win10, plus either ' AVG ' OR ' AVAST ',

Changed the ' C ' drive to ' X '.

Then no hard drive available, as bios is lookin for that ' C ' drive.

Back in it,s box & Stacked away.

spacesailor