NSW DPIE Tallawarra B approval decision, please complete the petition.

waraton

I have copied and pasted an email from John Cleary from the Illawarra Flyers Group Wollongong NSW which relates to a gas stack in the circuit at Wollongong. He is keen to distribute this information far and wide especially throughout NSW. Here it is...

Dear All, 

If you are willing and able to forward this email to family and friends to support this petition, the following has all the relevant information so people can make an informed decision. 

Our ePetition is now open for 1 week for signatures. 

Anybody in NSW with an email address can sign this petition. 

You will find the petition at https://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/la/Pages/epetitions-list.aspx   

The title of the ePetition is “Review the NSW DPIE Tallawarra B approval decision” 

The more people who circulate this through the social media networks of family and friends, the better.

For anybody who hasn’t seen the original petition email to Paul Scully and data supporting the petition, it can be downloaded from this drop box link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/evswnkmmhoy3p59/AADLaA5P3YeuPsHeXfZOLnbwa?dl=0

Thank you,

John Cleary

Tallawarra.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

2 hours ago, waraton said:

Are you having a swipe at me or Ben Morgan??

I'm saying it's over. What's the point of posting issues that have been decided?

The times when something could have been done were:

(a) before the decision when aviators could have pointed out that the facility would affect a flight pattern and moving it may resolve the problem.

(b) the statutory period of days where the decision can be appealed at NCAT, and NCAT may or may not issue an order confirming the decision or cancelling it.

Talking about the decision, in the Plannning world is......talking about it.

John Cleary is a highly respected, dedicated and intelligent individual who has driven the effort to have some transparency throughout the planning and approval process of this project. I take John's word as truth that the approval process was corrupted and he provides some significant insight into this in the video. He doesn't think it is final and that is why he has been doing what he can to get as much support via the petition to do so. I have signed the petition and passed the link on, it can't hurt if others do the same. 

2 hours ago, waraton said:

John Cleary is a highly respected, dedicated and intelligent individual who has driven the effort to have some transparency throughout the planning and approval process of this project. I take John's word as truth that the approval process was corrupted and he provides some significant insight into this in the video. He doesn't think it is final and that is why he has been doing what he can to get as much support via the petition to do so. I have signed the petition and passed the link on, it can't hurt if others do the same. 

You've put your finger right on it. 

A Planner spend 5 years at Unit before practicing because it is a complex and exacting procedure made more difficult by a set of time constraints.

It doesn't matter how wonderful you are if you missed the cutoff date for one of those time constraints.

You're missing the point, Turbo. Waraton is talking about a corrupted decision-making process in Govt. I personally think, if John Cleary has evidence of corruption in the planning and decision-making process, then he needs to present that evidence to the local legal enforcement team.

20 minutes ago, onetrack said:

You're missing the point, Turbo. Waraton is talking about a corrupted decision-making process in Govt. I personally think, if John Cleary has evidence of corruption in the planning and decision-making process, then he needs to present that evidence to the local legal enforcement team.

Alleged corrupted decision-making process, and I'm not suggesting it wasn't corrupt, but a corruption allegation in Planning, while it may refer to an alleged crime, mostly centres around wounded residents or in this case pilots worried about the effect on their amenity.

In this case, if the loss of amenity had been raised in the first stage, the Responsible Authority would have an obligation to consider it.

If it wasn't raised, it's game over; people not directly affected can't just enter the process down the track unless procedure hasn't been followed

If people did object, and their perception was that they were right and the Responsible Authority was wrong, which happens in many Planning cases , there is the low cost recourse of taking it to NCAT for a Review. Even then many people think the process is corrupt because they didn't win. If you don't apply to NCAT, that's the end of the matter.

There is still one more step and that's the Supreme Court, but only on grounds that a mistake was made by NCAT. The Supreme Court doesn't hear the merits of the case and make a decision on that.

Where the EPA is involved in issuing a licence there is also a process for a Works Authority, but that hasn't been mentioned here.

So in general if you think the proess was corrupt you might take it to the Supreme Court, or if the Government process was corrupted by criminal activity you might take it to ICAC, but in terms of publicly re-running the Planning process again using petitions and your version of what should have happened there's no local legal enforcement team in that structure and it's all too late now.

• Informative 1