BFR Review in Remote Area

hi all my fellow forum readers 

i find my self in a delima  with an expired BFR   new plane to take delivery of & COVID to deal with in achieving the aforementioned 

is there suitably Qualified  people  about that would travel to conduct a BFR  in a remote location or near by 

let me know your thoughts or if you can help 

PM or forum your ideas 

thanks lyle 

52 minutes ago, lyle janke said:

hi all my fellow forum readers 

i find my self in a delima  with an expired BFR   new plane to take delivery of & COVID to deal with in achieving the aforementioned 

is there suitably Qualified  people  about that would travel to conduct a BFR  in a remote location or near by 

let me know your thoughts or if you can help 

PM or forum your ideas 

thanks lyle 

I delivered an Airport Refueller for Shell  on a car carrier to Kununurra, and it developed an air leak in one of the gearshift lines a week after delivery, so it was a warranty item and Shell didn't want to touch it in case they got it wrong and damaged the transmission. They'd phoned me in Melbourne on Friday, and I tried to find a mechanic in Kununurra but didn't have any luck so I phoned our Darwin Service Manager 500 km away, and he didn't have any better information because Kununurra was a WA (Perth) responsibility. So I started preparing a phone lits of possible mechanics I cold get to Kununurra to start phoning around Monday.

The Darwin sales manager phoned me first thing Monday and told me the truck was fixed. He'd grabbed his tools, got a ride out with a Mines aircraft returning workers from Darwin Sunday morning. They dropped him off at Kununurra, the Shell guy was waiting, they fixed the truck and the Mines aircraft took him back to Darwin, all at no cost.    I was thinking you may be lucky enough to get somethng like that to take you to the instructor or him to you.

• Like 1

Well someone comes to you or you go to them. The weather in your area would not be optimum this time of year would it?  IF you haven't flown for a while perhaps a bit of refresher time might be a thought. You going to them might be more likely to produce a successful outcome.   Nev

• Agree 1

Hi Lyle is this your location?

Milingimbi Island is part of the Crocodile Island Group in the Arafura Sea. It is approximately half a kilometre off the north coast of Central Arnhem Land, approximately 440 km east of Darwin and 200 km west of Nhulunbuy. You can get to Milingimbi via air charter service, or commercial flights with Airnorth.

if it is it looks like you could fly someone in via one of the two airlines who service the island, but I assume that you would be well aware of that if you live there.

Your question seems to have two complexities with the second being the ferrying of an aircraft to your location.

If you let the forum know the aircraft type and it’s location someone may be in a position to help.

If the island is considered a community there may also be issues with entry because of COVID restrictions into communities.

It may be worthwhile contacting the flying school near Darwin EMkaytee? Not sure of the correct spelling. There is a few RAA type aircraft there and an instructor I believe.

cheers

• Like 1