C/S prop installation on Jabiru 2200 &fuel injection

lyle janke

Mitsubishi  4M40 turbo diesels have ' throttle bodies '  ,.

It stops ' runaway ' diesels,  when there,s too much fuel in the sump.

Leaking fuel pump O ring, does that, then the sump fuels the motor. 

Reverse running diesels will suck up the tail pipe and go to uncontrolled revs, then self destruct.

spacesailor

• Like 2

The other way Spacey is for engine lubricating oil to leak into the air inlet via a failed turbo bearing and the diesel engine will also do an uncontrolled runaway unless you are quick enough to put in fifth gear, drop the clutch while standing on the brakes.  Best advice is to stop, get everyone out, stand back a good distance and watch and listen to the self destruct.

Or !.

Just block the Exhaust pipe !.

Works on the principal, that it can,t keep the fire burning with a blocked chimney.

Even a big v8 will stall when backed into the drainage ditch at macay airport. .

Long time ago, but some could remember, running over to assist the poor embarrassed motorist.

Yours truly

spacesailor

Do you mean the potato jammed up the exhaust pipe prank?  Don’t think it works all that easy at 8000rpm.  I’ve only ever had an aero 2 stroke Diesel engine running backwards..... can’t recall whether I stopped it with a rag in the prop or my fingers in the prop....in the days of youth and control line model planes.

• Like 2

My wife tells me that once my head hits the pillow I take 5 breaths and I’m fast asleep until sunup. She takes ages to go to sleep worrying about the state of the world, children starving and abused, people mistreating animals and all the other women (the sisterhood) around the globe awake & concerned, or tending their awake hungry babies.  I think all the crap I think about is so unimportant it’s not worth worrying about and lose sleep over.

• Haha 1

In my youth l have had ' Peter ' & Lister ' hand cranked diesels  running backwards ,.

Luckely l suvived with all my fingers intack.

Those Dammed hand cranks Don,t let go, when in reverse ! & will break both your arms, easily. 

Rusten Bycrus dragline machines have a ' donkey ' engine to start the big engine with not much room for a 

large handle flaying about

spacesailor

Listers did. It was a wheel in a groove on the flywheel. Two revolutions to get up to speed then it disengaged and the valves closed. Starts first time every time. Same for Marshall tractor engines.

• Like 2