CASA ....Check this ...what a KlusterF**

Nev. You have hit the nail on the head. It is governments inability to write sensible regulations that causes most of our problems, not only in aviation but in everything else as well. Refer to Novak Djokovic for an example.

• Like 1

With the passing of legend pilot Ben Buckley recently who had a few interactions with casa over his many years of flying I just thought I would post this video for anyone not familiar. His epic flight to NZ is at the end.

• Like 5
  • Winner 2

I think they put him in gaol after the NZ trip . No customs check etc and he then wore a suit with arrows on it and flew the New Zealand flag at the aerodrome. I went there for a FLY-IN in a Mates Murphy Rebel. I think they have horse races and a Lolly drop for the KIDS.  Big local event. It's just north of OMEO..Nev

As an old aviator told me on the phone last week over this Senate Committee  debacle, just paint over your rego number and go flying, can’t put us all in gaol 🙂

I watched the whole thing and after that many questions on notice, I thought it was a major shambles.  However there maybe some answers come from the future spillover meeting. In the meantime Pip Spence should rip out a hatchet and fire some of the deadbeats below her, starting with Mr ‘Blackhawk’ 🙂 

• Like 1

One of the ongoing problems in Australia is the extraordinarily powers delegated to some bureaucracies, without adequate independent oversight.

Added to this is the unwillingness of Government to do anything about it. It usually takes a disaster (or multiples thereof) to start change (which is all to  often railroaded before proper reform is implemented).

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, skippydiesel said:

One of the ongoing problems in Australia is the extraordinarily powers delegated to some bureaucracies, without adequate independent oversight.

Added to this is the unwillingness of Government to do anything about it. It usually takes a disaster (or multiples thereof) to start change (which is all to  often railroaded before proper reform is implemented).

I'd agree with that.  However, last week's extraordinary intervention by ASIO chief Mike Burgess reminds us that the boot is often on the other foot; where the mandarins are our only defence against the perfidy of pollies. 

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/feb/10/peter-dutton-has-plumbed-new-and-dangerous-depths-by-suggesting-china-is-backing-labor

"Did the defence minister not hear the Asio boss warn that stoking community division has ‘the same corrosive impact on our democracy as foreign interference itself’?"

"The politicisation of national security issues has been labelled as "not helpful" by the head of Australia's spy agency.

In an interview on the ABC's 7.30 program, ASIO director-general Mike Burgess also said both sides of politics had been targeted by foreign interference.

The comments come after Prime Minister Scott Morrison labelled Labor deputy leader Richard Marles a "Manchurian candidate" during question time on Wednesday.

Mr Morrison was forced to withdraw the comment made during another government attack on Labor as it continues to try to draw a link between China's communist regime and the ALP.

Defence Minister Peter Dutton has previously called Opposition leader Anthony Albanese as China's "preferred candidate" in the upcoming federal election."

https://www.themandarin.com.au/181670-asio-boss-labels-politiciation-of-security-not-helpful/

• Agree 1