quick survey

Tozza73

Hey everyone, 

i am in year 11 and i have to do a series of assignments and as part of those assignments for one of my subject i have to put out a survey and look at the results and i chose to do mine on peoples favourite aircraft manufacturing companies and all i will be doing is i will be identifying trends between different categories and it involves no personal information and heres the link: https://forms.gle/bHQXQqMJY5Zfpppq9  if you could answer this survey (it takes about 5 mins) it would be so good 

Edited by Tozza73

Hi Tozza, just did your survey.
I note there us no option for New Zealand (so I identified as Australia).
There are a few Kiwis here, you may want to look into that?
All the best with your survey.
Bob

3 hours ago, Tozza73 said:

Hey everyone, 

i am in year 11 and i have to do a series of assignments and as part of those assignments for one of my subject i have to put out a survey and look at the results and i chose to do mine on peoples favourite aircraft manufacturing companies and all i will be doing is i will be identifying trends between different categories and it involves no personal information and heres the link: https://forms.gle/bHQXQqMJY5Zfpppq9  if you could answer this survey (it takes about 5 mins) it would be so good 

Howdy Tozza. If you want to maximise your assignment results, this might help:

Use Capitals for Year 11 and I.

Make your report easier to read by breaking it up into sentences, which start with a Capital and end with a full stop.

Use an apostrophe with words like here’s (which is actually here is).

• Agree 4

Hey guys, enough of the unsolicited grammar lessons!
I had no difficulty understanding what Tozza has posted, and surely it's the exercise here that matters?

If you don't like his pitch, you're not obliged to engage.

• Like 4

Yeah he is only Year 11. I don't think they put a great deal of emphasis on punctuation, use of Upper/Lower case or spelling in 2020s education. The objective is to get the message across and that has been achieved.

Edited by kgwilson

Getting the message across is fine, but if he's going to write a report at the end of this, then hopefully he'll get the spelling and grammar right... or at least rely on the computer to get it right.

• Agree 4

Any internet search immediately eliminates capital letters, so you can't expect the younger generations to figure out where capital letters need to be applied.

So many of the "rules of English" that were belted into us in the 40's, 50's and 60's are now completely ignored, and you can apparently adjust all the rules of English to suit yourself, in todays world.

Ebonics are filtering through American English via the Internet, to detrimentally affect the English language, worldwide.

• Like 1

Whilst spelling/grammar has always been overrated it’s something that employers look at closely, as well as the psycho crap! The best person for a job is no longer the one who will get the job, it’s the ‘right’ person! 
Now to go see what this survey is all about.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Flightrite said:

Whilst spelling/grammar has always been overrated it’s something that employers look at closely,

Yes, employers do actually look at your writing skills.

I actually got an interview because out of 100+ applicants, mine was the only hand written one - although this was in the '90s.

And yes, I've done Tozzas survey

• Like 2

16 hours ago, onetrack said:

Any internet search immediately eliminates capital letters, so you can't expect the younger generations to figure out where capital letters need to be applied...

Perhaps that’s Australia’s problem: we don’t expect enough of our kids.

To our north are millions of hard-working kids who not only learn the complexities of their own language and writing scripts, but also master the English language and the Latin script.

Australian exam results are dominated by Asian kids who can write our language better than most of us natives. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

Just a note to everyone else: that message I posted above initially is not apart of my report whatsoever but thanks for the advice and any other helpful things you guys are awesome and thanks for participating in the survey. means a lot!

P.S i will actually get other people/digital services to check grammar and yes Im going to work on it anyway. i will also post my results/correlations I find.

Edited by Tozza73
  • Like 4

Hello everyone, 

i just wanted to come on here one last time and thank everyone for participating in my survey. It really means a lot and I got plenty of responses and I might even post a link to my school report for it so that you guys can have a look. I also wanted to let you know that I have closed the survey for responses and I have placed a nice lovely thank you message there too so let me know if you guys would be interested in seeing the report and results and I'll post them here if you want.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1