2002 Cirrus SR22 up for auction, NE NSW, 18th March 2022.

onetrack

• 1 month later...
On 02/03/2022 at 11:46 PM, Flightrite said:

I fail to understand what people see in the Cirrus machines? Expensive and seem to have plenty of engine issues, nah, an RV10 I’d jump on though👍

Flightrite..just out of interest, is your profile correct and you are a non-pilot? If not, no problems but maybe that is why you fail to see what people see in a cirrus. . RV10 is a great aircraft too, as all the RV's series. But nothing wrong with the Cirrus engine, its just a Continental, solid. 

The attraction is that that they are comfortable, so flying around with the wife/kids it is a lot easier to get them in a Cirrus in my experience because it feels like a modern car.  Little things like aircon, bluetooth.They of course have a chute which i find most comforting when flying at night. Also of course in the event of pilot incapacitation for the pax. I don't want to pull it but to my knowledge there have been no fatalities under the chute and that combined with the fly level button is another way that nervous flyers feel better about "small planes.".

If i had a criticism it would be they are a bit boring to fly. Like a Prado of the skies.  Airborne, put on autopilot, kick back until you arrive. But for flying you can get fun in other ways. (RAg and string for me). Of course the annual is expensive, usually about $8k for me and no major problems yet after 5 years of use.  My maintainer says they have fewer issues than most other a/c they do. 

Just depends what you want your plane for, how much you can afford, and who you pax are. Most aircraft have their good/bad points otherwise there wouldnt be so many of the good ones. But i love my Cirrus, just as i love RV's, Thrusters and almost anything else that i get to fly in.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Winner 1

I fail to understand what people see in the Cirrus machines? Expensive and seem to have plenty of engine issues, nah, an RV10 I’d jump on though👍

So good i posted it 4 times. 

Edited by extralite
  • Haha 1

So good i posted it 4 times

Edited by extralite
  • Haha 1

Edited by extralite
So good i posted it 4 times.
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, extralite said:

Flightrite..just out of interest, is your profile correct and you are a non-pilot? If not, no problems but maybe that is why you fail to see what people see in a cirrus. . RV10 is a great aircraft too, as all the RV's series. But nothing wrong with the Cirrus engine, its just a Continental, solid. 

The attraction is that that they are comfortable, so flying around with the wife/kids it is a lot easier to get them in a Cirrus in my experience because it feels like a modern car.  Little things like aircon, bluetooth.They of course have a chute which i find most comforting when flying at night. Also of course in the event of pilot incapacitation for the pax. I don't want to pull it but to my knowledge there have been no fatalities under the chute and that combined with the fly level button is another way that nervous flyers feel better about "small planes.".

If i had a criticism it would be they are a bit boring to fly. Like a Prado of the skies.  Airborne, put on autopilot, kick back until you arrive. But for flying you can get fun in other ways. (RAg and string for me). Of course the annual is expensive, usually about $8k for me and no major problems yet after 5 years of use.  My maintainer says they have fewer issues than most other a/c they do. 

Just depends what you want your plane for, how much you can afford, and who you pax are. Most aircraft have their good/bad points otherwise there wouldnt be so many of the good ones. But i love my Cirrus, just as i love RV's, Thrusters and almost anything else that i get to fly in.  🙂

Like a couple of others in here you’ll just have to wonder if I’m a pilot or not, it’s entertaining though😂😂😉👍

On 02/05/2022 at 4:22 PM, extralite said:

If i had a criticism it would be they are a bit boring to fly. Like a Prado of the skies.  Airborne, put on autopilot, kick back until you arrive.

Ain't nothing wrong with a Prado. 😁

We had a 2020 200 Series Sahara with all the ARB gear and after a year of being thoroughly unimpressed with pretty much everything except its' torque & the traction control offroad, we pissed it off and got the KRviatrix a 2021 Prado VX. SSSoooooo much nicer to drive, is quieter, carries half the fuel of the 200 did but will go just as far, with the only downside being we lost 500Kg of towing capacity. And I can talk to the bloody infotainment system. That's something the sales rep never tells you about the 200 Series, bloody arseholes. Spend a hundred grand on a car and you can't talk to it.🤬

Though now I've been relegated to the Suzuki Swift for town runs! :doh:

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...