West's sanctions on Russian aviation

I have read that Boeing has withdrawn support for its aircraft based in Russia. Don't know whether Airbus has shadowed this doubtful strategy. Russia has one of the most advanced aerospace technologies in the world. Also, most western airspace is now closed to Russia. If it proves essential, they can keep Boeings flying internally without Boeing's "help". Russia and China are currently flight testing the CR-929 wide bodied competitor to the trouble plagued 787. This type of pressure from the west could have the result of speeding a 3rd competitor to Boeing and Europe's Airbus. 

I have trouble following the logic of US and Europe forcing a war against the Russian republic which, I see, as creating many unknown and definitely unexpected adverse consequences.

21 minutes ago, Methusala said:

I have trouble following the logic of US and Europe forcing a war against the Russian republic which, I see, as creating many unknown and definitely unexpected adverse consequences.

Are you advocating that the West sits back and does nothing whilst a meglomaniac invades a sovereign nation, killing thousands of innocent people?

If so, I don't think this is the right forum for this discussion.

• Like 4
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, RossK said:

Are you advocating that the West sits back and does nothing whilst a meglomaniac invades a sovereign nation, killing thousands of innocent people?

Please tell me what your reaction was to US and NATO invading Afghanistan?

"Felines owned by Russians have been banned from international competitions as punishment for Moscow’s attack on Ukraine." A further, crippling blow by the west against Russia!

10 minutes ago, octave said:

An interesting analysis of the possible effects of aviation sanctions.

Leasing arrangements are most likely subject to Force Mejeure clauses most likely covered by sudden changes in international conditions. I think that we are witnessing a tsunami like change in world power dynamics which will have greater effects than had the demise of the USSR. Some see this as a hangover from the triumphalist western reaction to those events.

I truly don't think that the governments headed by such towering intellects as BoJo and sleepy Jo Biden have a strong handle on the effects of their proxy war on Russia.

PS. I believe that all wars are bad but that not that all wars are avoidable. Don

3 hours ago, Methusala said:

Please tell me what your reaction was to US and NATO invading Afghanistan?

You're comparing Ukraine to 2001 Afghanistan??? Really? 😵

• Like 2

Because I've learnt there is no point arguing on a forum with people such as yourself.

Your opinion is yours, I just don't think this is the right forum for you to share it.

• Like 3

This thread discusses the topic of aviation effects of western counter measures against Russian Aviation. My interest over 20 or so years on this forum has been the broad field of aviation. I think that this devastating proxy war was instigated by western powers and may affect them badly. No, I dont enjoy watching innocent people suffer.

3 hours ago, Methusala said:

I think that this devastating proxy war was instigated by western powers ...

The Ukrainians don’t seem to think so.

• Agree 4

There was a frightening similarity between the US attacking Sadam and the Russians attacking Ukraine. My son correctly predicted that they would have to  attack before the weather got too hot for the plastic germ-warfare suits that the US had. This time, the russians had the coming spring thaw which would render their army tanks immobile as far as the countryside was concerned.

So Putin was under pressure to go ahead just as the US was under pressure with the suits. In both cases, we now know that they should have delayed.

AND, what lesson should Australia take from all this? Apparently the Ukraine gave up nuclear weapons ( russian ones to be sure ) in return for guarantees from russia and Nato that they would guarantee that the Ukraine would be protected.

I have been amazed that Australia signed the non-proliferation treaty with nothing given in return... so we feel it necessary to be the US's best friend and support every stupid war they entered in the hope that one day they will use nukes against China or Indonesia on our behalf.

We should  use Roxby Downs uranium and get Jabiru to make a thousand drones and have our own deterrent.

22 hours ago, Methusala said:

. I think that this devastating proxy war was instigated by western powers and may affect them badly.

WTF !  ........Space cadet.

Can't lower myself to argue with you 😧.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1
  • Caution 1