ADSB Grant Skyecho 2 etc

I like the Tailbeacon X  if you can swindle the 50% subsidy that would be great. Brings it back to $2500

I have a SE 2 I was going to use in Mabel but thinking of applying for a Tailbeacon but using it in the RANS when I get it done.

You can only claim for a aircraft that is registered. I have a rego number for Mabel but it wont be my end game. The S-21 will be the one I keep but cant get a subsidy for it yet. Even getting one for Mabel will be a bit dodgy as she isnt flying yet but now far off

Mark

4 hours ago, spacesailor said:

Only ' crewed ' aircraft.

Has any Raa aircraft useing a captain in the left seat. Hard enogh to get a cert., let alone a captains epplauett.

spacesailor

No....  RAA aircraft are allowed1668868202_ScreenShot2022-04-02at8_25_26pm.thumb.png.40c43ae0cb12551847ea20e4af1760a7.png

19 hours ago, spacesailor said:

Only ' crewed ' aircraft.

Has any Raa aircraft useing a captain in the left seat. Hard enogh to get a cert., let alone a captains epplauett.

spacesailor

Capt.jpg

Reading the grant application which is now online it reads to me that if you are an individual with no abn you only qualify for half of the grant, so half of the 50% grant subsidy. It also appears the grant is up for consideration once the device is purchased and installed so wont help with upfront purchase costs. 

• Informative 1

33 minutes ago, trailer said:

Reading the grant application which is now online it reads to me that if you are an individual with no abn you only qualify for half of the grant, so half of the 50% grant subsidy. It also appears the grant is up for consideration once the device is purchased and installed so wont help with upfront purchase costs. 

Getting an abn takes five minutes, fwiw. 

• Like 1

Must be conducting a buisness entiprise to qualify for an abn, employees do not comply with requirements to have one issued. That would exclude many recreational pilots I know.

Edited by trailer
  • Agree 1

• 2 months later...

Today (the opening date) I sat down to lodge my rebate application, having amassed all the required info ready to upload. Computer (or govt. department) says,"NO, not yet" The opening date for applications has been moved back to 12th August as of 3 days ago.

So much for getting in early before travel plans in August!

• Informative 1

Thanks Mark

No problem - I bought it weeks ago. Remember me asking you about possible shielding of the antenna with an adaptor on the suction cup mount? I made one out of acrylic and the SE2 does all it claims to do. Just have to wait longer for a possible rebate.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bushcaddy105 said:

Today (the opening date) I sat down to lodge my rebate application, having amassed all the required info ready to upload. 

What information did you have ready for this question?

"for ADS-B installations, a signed declaration by an approved installer using the template provided on business.gov.au- external site"

Kiwi

Edited by Kiwi

Gooday Kiwi,

For the SE2 (an EC device) you need proof of purchase after the commencement date, proof that you own a currently registered Australian aircraft (RaAus included), an invoice (no installation cost permitted for an EC device) for your claim amount, bank account details for payment, and a signature confirming that you aren't telling porkies.

In theory, simple! In practice, we'll wait and see.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks Bennyboy. Today I too completed my application at a public library. I am travelling at the moment and had assumed that having all required documentation on my iPad would work. NO! After a phone call and last night a long chat session with Lorraine, the chat person, she suggested the library. Even then a very IT competent assistant spent about 30 minutes trying to get my files to transfer to the PC before uploading.

Message:-  the government appears to only work on MS. The screens needed come up quite differently on iOS, and the “Please wait” message doesn’t go away.

• Informative 2

14 hours ago, bushcaddy105 said:

having all required documentation on my iPad would work.

I’m definitely no computer geek, I saved the rego & receipt as a pdf file then attached it where required all using my iPad, safe travels.

20 hours ago, bushcaddy105 said:

Thanks Bennyboy. Today I too completed my application at a public library. I am travelling at the moment and had assumed that having all required documentation on my iPad would work. NO! After a phone call and last night a long chat session with Lorraine, the chat person, she suggested the library. Even then a very IT competent assistant spent about 30 minutes trying to get my files to transfer to the PC before uploading.

Message:-  the government appears to only work on MS. The screens needed come up quite differently on iOS, and the “Please wait” message doesn’t go away.

Hi BC105,

Even from my Windows laptop I had the interminable "Please Wait" message on the page asking for the amount I was claiming. I had to kill and resubmit several times before it worked.  Fortunately it had saved the rest of my application so I was taken straight to the Amount page.

Government app does not work properly anywhere!!

Cheers,

Neil

Bennyboy, you did exactly what I did - pdfs saved on iPad. I suspect that the system was overloaded on day 1, giving the timing out that I experienced.

Out of interest, what is the reference number ending of your application? Mine is 000067 which I assume means 66 before mine.