Dad's Tipsy Nipper

2 hours ago, Dale Bartlett said:

Hi All. I have joined here in the hope that we can find a new home for Dad's beloved Tipsy Nipper. I will write a detailed post to follow. 

Regards from Australia

I didn’t even know there was one in Australia!

5 hours ago, facthunter said:

There was one at Rutherford. JAP 2 cyl motor, in the 60's. Nev

Unlikely - the J99 was in the aeronca but never the nipper.

Nippers had Stamo VW based flat fours or for Ron C his has upgraded to the J2200

1 hour ago, facthunter said:

It could have been a Druin Turbulent. Definitely had the JAP motor.   Nev

Nev about ten years ago there was a Turbi hangared at Cessnock (for sale from a deceased estate) that nobody seemed interested in. Hope that nice aeroplane found a new owner.

• Informative 1

Hey mate, great looking aircraft. 

Do you think a larger pilot can fit (I'm 105kg) or is it pretty cramped in the cockpit? What's MTOW and empty weight? Do you have a ballpark sale price in mind? What are the hours on the engine and prop? 

Cheers. 

I am afraid that we do not have these details to hand. They may be amongst Dad's paperwork, but not easily accessible. Anyone who is interested, please provide an email address and I will forward detailed images and video of the last engine run. In terms of value, as stated, this is more about finding a good (flying) home for Dad's aircraft. That said, we have no idea of its worth. I encourage you to do your own research, refer to the details, then make a judgement as to what you consider a fair price for both parties.

Thanks for the reply.

There was a red Flut-R-Bug at Moorabbin in the late 60s - early 70's that could be mistaken for a Nipper.

stits.thumb.jpg.6852a36e69472daca4e6b672e0db4b70.jpg

• Informative 1