A perspective Darwin Award recipient

Lost me, pilot is many sandwiches short of a picnic….Not a case of if, it’s a case of when it will all come to a sad end for him 😞 

• Agree 1

Carolina Barnstormers Spring 2022. Barry did these stunts there last year, too! That Extreme Dominator gyroplane is obviously pretty stoutly built, but he only needs an engine cough at exactly the wrong time, and we'll be reading his obit.

I hope he also checks every highly stressed mast component daily, too!  It's amazing how many YooToobers are cheering him on and "in awe of his skills". I don't know if they'll go and worship at his headstone, though?

I must say I'm impressed with the fuel supply arrangement for that little beast, that it never even looks like spluttering, despite the loops and gyrations.

https://www.rotaryforum.com/threads/barry-flying-his-dominator-at-the-carolina-barnstormers-spring-2021-fly-in.1146275/

I think this is the same little beast - the owners done it up with "U.S. Army" markings and painted it Olive Drab. It appears to me, they like to think they're driving a gunship, and huntin' down Commies!

Edited by onetrack
  • Informative 1

if you look at the vibrations through the control column then the machine is very much telling him it doesn't like doing these manoeuvres.  Its shaking like crazy and he has the "grip of death" on that stick !

"He is here for a good time... not a long time !"

• Agree 1

On 04/06/2022 at 9:30 PM, Kyle Communications said:

Another one will bite the dust shortly I think...gets very interesting 1/3 of the way in

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME.

On 04/06/2022 at 9:30 PM, Kyle Communications said:

Another one will bite the dust shortly I think...gets very interesting 1/3 of the way in

Those blades come very close to the ground a number of times 😱. It's all way too close for comfort and safety.

• Agree 1

I think that pilot has a far different idea of "comfort and safety" limits, to most of the rest of us. I suspect he learnt to fly using Bud Holland as his role model.

https://theaviationgeekclub.com/the-story-of-bud-holland-the-rogue-pilot-that-crashed-his-b-52-after-having-maneuvered-it-beyond-its-operational-limits-at-low-altitude/

• Like 1

"A perspective Darwin Award recipient"

That may be your point of view, but he's certainly a prospective recipent, or a posthumous winner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1