IBIS RJ03 Canard aircraft PLANS wanted

Hi Blackhawk, I have a set (S/number 210) but it is not quite complete. I have to check which sheets are missing when I'm home later in the week if you are interested.

I bought them from Junqua directly, back in 1990 or so.

Looking at the Wikipedia page for the RJ03, while weights were well within the old LSA limits, at the quoted stall speed of 51kt, that puts it out of the LSA class, am I correct?

• Like 1

Interesting that an image search for this aircraft brings a large number of photos, about 90% of which are of the above aircraft, and a fair number of those show it with a collapsed undercarriage.

IMG_3970-PH-ISI-Junqua-IBIS-RJ03-Lelystad-18-september-2015.jpg.db03c85cee40f7cd42fe261aea24409b.jpg

• Like 1

This was a news report of the accident;

According to the airport, the aircraft hit the runway harder than usual. The landing gear was damaged as a result. The two occupants were not injured. The aircraft was on the runway and had to be towed away. As a result, the airport was closed for half an hour.

• Informative 1

On 07/06/2022 at 9:18 PM, red750 said:

Looking at the Wikipedia page for the RJ03, while weights were well within the old LSA limits, at the quoted stall speed of 51kt, that puts it out of the LSA class, am I correct?

I realsie I said yes to your question about stall speed, but according to the RAAus delegates that did a talk at the local aero club about the new regulation coming in with the 760Kg limit, they are also scrapping the stall limit requirement completly which means that the IBIS and many other aircraft will be allowed to be registered RAAus.

• Informative 1

Thanks Blackhawk. I completed a profile  under GA Single. It can be transferred to Recreational 3 Axis later if necessary.

• Informative 1

They reckon 3-4 months and 760Kg limit package will be signed off by the government.

You will see a big increase in RAAus membership and aircraft registrations towards the end of this year and next year.

It's about time

• Like 1
  • Informative 1