Savannah S Flies!

Bodie

Hi All! 

I just wanted to shout out a big Thank You to all the folks on this forum. If it wasn't for folks from all over the world, especially Australia and New Zealand my Savannah S project wouldn't have been completed as soon or as easy as it was.  In particular Kyle Communications and iBob's threads had a lot of tips and tricks, and the back and forth with the other folks clarified most situations I came up against.  Whether it was wiring, fuel tanks, manual clarifications, etc the problems were all sorted out, many times by searching through other threads.  

I was building my plane for way too long, got interrupted by life way too many times but persevered.  When I hit the point where I didn't know if I would ever finish I read somewhere (not sure if it was here or not) that I just needed to do something every day.  Anyway, I started the project in October of 2015, and I witnessed flight today.  I still need to get my license, but at least I have my plane!  

It was great to finally see some air underneath the tires, and someday soon I will fly her myself!

Thanks again!

-steve

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 4

Hi Steve..great to see, and congratulations!

One passage ends, the adventures begin.

And you get to pass it all on to those coming after you too.....)

1 hour ago, Bodie said:

Hi All! 

I just wanted to shout out a big Thank You to all the folks on this forum. If it wasn't for folks from all over the world, especially Australia and New Zealand my Savannah S project wouldn't have been completed as soon or as easy as it was.  In particular Kyle Communications and iBob's threads had a lot of tips and tricks, and the back and forth with the other folks clarified most situations I came up against.  Whether it was wiring, fuel tanks, manual clarifications, etc the problems were all sorted out, many times by searching through other threads.  

I was building my plane for way too long, got interrupted by life way too many times but persevered.  When I hit the point where I didn't know if I would ever finish I read somewhere (not sure if it was here or not) that I just needed to do something every day.  Anyway, I started the project in October of 2015, and I witnessed flight today.  I still need to get my license, but at least I have my plane!  

It was great to finally see some air underneath the tires, and someday soon I will fly her myself!

Thanks again!

-steve

IMG_4128.MOV IMG_4129.MOV IMG_4131.MOV IMG_4132.MOV

G'day Steve,

It is so good to see your plane aloft!

Life has gotten on the way for me as well but I try hard to do something to my Savannah every week if at all possible (rather tan closing the shed door for months at a time).

I support your comments about other builders' experiences that they have so generously shared on this site. They have been most helpful to me as well so far.

I hope you will be flying your plane yourself before long.

image.thumb.png.8e51725e5d9bd7b4fe5c0d539ae1eca7.png

Hi Steve,

Congratulations!! You will not regret having a Savannah S. I hope you have the best of fun flying her soon.

Cheers,

Neil

• Like 1

I thought I'd throw a couple of pics up after taking to some of the folks via PM.  I copied the Fuel Selector and Return header as well as a variation of the master battery disconnect from folks on this site (all sourced on Amazon.  I didn't do the improved flap handle yet.  

In the USA we can get a Repairman Certificate if we are the original builder of the kit.  I just got that today too, so I can do a yearly inspection in lieu of paying someone for an Annual.

-steve

IMG-4138.jpg

IMG-4137.jpg

• Like 3