avmap repairs or replacement

hi all 

i have an avmap  EKIV  fitted  to a J-160c  it has lost the toggle button in the lower RH corner of screen

is it a simple process to get replacement or is dealing with manufacturer an option 

or ditch unit & fit a replacement 

what will fit to the existing mount with a minimum of modification 

what has anyone done ?

give me your thoughts & ideas 

lyle

Edited by lyle janke

2 hours ago, RFguy said:

what is an EKIV? post pic please, maybe I can make a suggestion.

hi 

what is an EKIV?      a GPS  moving map before OZRUNWAYS which was popular in past  made by AVMAP

not my dash but same GPS in centre dash 

JABIRU DASH  J-170.png

Respect.  I’m still hobbling along on my avmap geopilot ii. I’m sure it’ll die one day.

From experience avmap support in oz is poor and give the IV was retired and replaced with the V you are likely left with replace or attempt to get it repaired independently  eg the spotty goth running your local phone and tablet repair store.  My local guy is called Callum 😛

G'day Lyle, that "toggle" is a mini "joystick" and I think the Avmap people would be the only source for replacement. I've had no probs dealing with them in past , but spare parts ....hmmmm!

If you end up replacing with something else I'd be interested in the panel mount dock or I can do a deal on mine as a replacement unit .😝

• 1 year later...

interestingly the same thing happened to me on the way back from AusFly today.  Did anyone come up with a solution?