Controller holder for Lightspeed Zulu 3

Hi has anyone got a design or printing a drop in holder for Zulu3 controllers.

A mate made the one in the images, and out of 4 units three broke at the end retainer piece, reading forums this design suffers the breaks if the controller in pushed into it; you need to bend the ends out length ways so as not to break them.

At present I have mine on the harness up high to allow unobstructed access to the flap handle.  (this design would be better for my mounting if the retainers were turned 90 degrees and facing upwards')

I see there is a design that allows the controller to drop in and be held about 60% on its length within the holder; looks a good one for me as I'll either keep it on the harness or better still mount onto the rear of the centre console.

Any images of how you retain is appreciated.

zulu 3 holder 1.jpg

Zulu 3 holder 2.jpg

• Informative 1
  • Winner 1

Mike:

I have a 3D printer, but never thought of making holders for the controllers. What a cool idea. 

I'm in the US at the moment, but as soon as I get back, I'll get straight onto designing a holder.

• Like 2

I have one.

Got one from Sportys Pilot shop in the USA,

They are under ANR Control Holder on their website custom made for the major brands.

Works fine but not cheap!

$40 USD

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Roscoe said:

I have one.

Got one from Sportys Pilot shop in the USA,

They are under ANR Control Holder on their website custom made for the major brands.

Works fine but not cheap!

$40 USD

And sticks to sidewall with velcro. No probs so far

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kyle Communications said:

There are a couple of designs around buit not many. I printed one I found on Thingyverse...it seems to work ok although it does feel a bit tight on the clip

Yes, one of the members on the 3D printing facebook site is sending the data for a stronger 3 piece one he makes.  I'll arrange to get two of those printed.  Are you on that site as you will see the program when he sends it.  Cheers