Idiot flavoured public!

Today I was challenged not to thump some fool with 3 kids all under 5!
having landed at a country drome for a coffee I taxied in and saw a woman of a flavoured nature (can’t say nationality as too many precious fools would get offended! But “ cowboys &……”s”, you know the rest!) walking around  the taxiway in and around other A/C with lose kids, had to taxi across some ruff grass to avoid the fools! Once parked I walked over to the coffee van. Ordered then turned around to see said flavoured fool lifting 2 flavoured rug rats into my plane (door was open secured under the high wing), I started to walk over and noticed the controls bring violently moved! The other rug rat standing outside was swinging on the rudder!  By the time I got back the kids were out of the plane and mum was gathering up the external control surface tester and walking off! I yelled out, ask before you touch, she ignored me and continued walking off! Inside the plane I had wet dirty shoe prints on my sheep skin covered seat and most switches in the incorrect position!

Would you be happy?

unbelievable! Wonder how said moron would have acted had I dumped a young child in her open top convertible parked on the side of the road?….grrrrrrr

• Informative 3

No I don't blame you at  all  They shouldn't be airside anyhow.. I was persuaded to take My Citabria to Avalon for the Airshows Downunder and some ankle biters damaged the Plane.  The Council I did it for assured me they would supervise it. Never again.  You don't know what damage is done. Nev

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

it happens all the time to our motorcycles. parents lifting kids on, or the young foreign student wanting a photo for his friends.
no asking, no caring just sit on. used to work for a Harley dealership... remember having a nice conversation with a patched member (nicest customers for me to deal with. mutual interest for the bikes and often on a first name basis. polite and well mannered with me at the counter) anyway this day an exchange student was out and sat on his Harley to take a selfie... wonder if it captured the punch that took him to ground.
that was the first of a few punches I saw fly for that. (wasn't often done out the front of our store - respect for the place of business)

people just don't care any more, people with young kids are the worst "he's just curious, he's just playing" no cares.

used to work at motorcycle dealerships and we hated the grandparents taking the kids out for the day, and the young dad taking the kids out. so many close calls.
suddenly see they wake up to fact they need to keep them close, when we tell them that its a 100k bike that their little gremlin is about to try and climb on.

Edited by spenaroo
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1

Went to a flyin once with my brand new lightweight plastic fantastic, with NO STEP all over the wheel spats, and guess what? Someone's rugrat decided they wanted to see into the cockpit, so stood on the wheel spat on the pilot's side. The spat is made of ONE thickness of fibreglass painted with inflexible 2 pack paint. It cracked and chipped the paint but didn't break the spat. So $200 later and a lot of sanding, I repainted the spat.
Now, I have a sign on it that says NO STEP KEEP OFF and I put barrier tape around when at fly ins.
A friend was at another airfield and as he was returning to his plane saw a guy open the door to the plane and start to climb in. So my friend went over to the guys car and started to open the door. Without any sense of irony, the guy yelled at him “What do you think you're doing?”.
My friend just told him, “Well if you think you can just get in my plane…”
  • Like 2
  • Winner 2

1 hour ago, jackc said:

Don’t take an aircraft anywhere near non Aviation knuckle draggers 🙂 

There is always a very small risk however if you are to cautious one would not attend superb events like Old Station or Ausfly at Narromine (it's on again 15-17 sept 2022 will be there). The worst thing that has happened to my beautiful RV is when a rock flew up and hit the horizontal stabilizer at a gravel strip, disappointing yes, will not stop me using gravel strips.  

Flying to a place far from home is always a risk; lots of things could stop you flying home.

A thoughtless cretin buggering up your plane should not be on that list.

A local computer tech visited our Aero Club, trying to drum up business, so I spoke to him about a possible job setting up a PTT switch. Without warning, he suddenly scrambled over my fabric wing on hands and knees to get a look into the cockpit. Totally ignored clear red warning signs: NO STEP   KEEP OFF.

• Informative 1

Mate, just saying someone who has done something silly or whatever is of a 'flavoured' nature is offensive. It's just not necessary for your story. Think about it- would it have been ok if they weren't 'flavoured'? Did their act bother you, or their 'flavour'?

Use your head.

Edited by danny_galaga
  • Like 7
  • Agree 3
  • Caution 1

I am always surprised at how little of that kind of thing goes on at an Old Station fly in. I have had many people ask if they can see in or get in my planes there. There seems to be something about how the planes are parked and all the people milling around that makes parents and gawpers  easier to handle.

Just fit a 007 security kit to the aircraft and claim the insurance after the event!!! make sure you instal your security warning placards near the "no push" and "entry/exit" points to keep it all legal... this will ensure all flavours are equally exposed and each offered an equal chance to win an instant Darwin Award!!! 🤓

Edited by Area-51

1 hour ago, Area-51 said:

Just fit a 007 security kit to the aircraft and claim the insurance after the event!!!

I presume this post in in jest, but anyone serious about claiming insurance for damage done at a Fly-In needs patience. They could be stranded far from home for weeks awaiting repairs. 

I once had a quite aged pilot try to sit on my flimsy wing; disappointing from someone who should’ve known better.

• Informative 1

I plead guilty !.

I did  ask, then put my grandson into an aircraft.

He ( grandson  ) looked like he knew how to fly. & didn,t touch any switches.

BUT 

My grand nephew  ( l think ) wound the ' preasure setting knob ' around,

now the altimeter needs repair or replacement . ( in my none flying HummelBird ).

How to gain access to the fingers ?. To check if its the hands loose or inside broken. 

(  NO Not his, the altimeter )  LoL

spacesailor

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was at the Avalon Airshow in 2017. All of their displays are usually surrounded by metal barracades, but I saw a young kid, 4 or 5, of the abovementioned nationality, swinging from an underwing pod on a Learjet with Navy markings.

1 hour ago, red750 said:

I was at the Avalon Airshow in 2017. All of their displays are usually surrounded by metal barracades, but I saw a young kid, 4 or 5, of the abovementioned nationality, swinging from an underwing pod on a Learjet with Navy markings.

Oh, what nationality was that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, red750 said:

Where the scammers come from.

I'm not familiar with the different specific gravitational distortions that different nationalities incur on aircraft structures. Could you list them from least disruptive to most disruptive?

I assume the least gravitational disruption would occur with what ever background you have. So a kilo of red750 has negligible effect swinging off a learjets underwing pod. Would that be a fair statement?

How would the rest of the list go?

Maybe 

Irish 

Scottish 

Welsh 

Swedish 

These nationalities would clearly cause only a negligible amount more harm than red750.

Further down the list might be Italian say. Because we all know that a kilo of Italian hanging off a learjets underwing pod would cause a lot more damage than a kilo of red750.

Swing a kilo of nigerian on the learjets underwing pod? Forget it! The plane would probably explode, skyscrapers would collapse and I'm pretty sure somewhere a dog gets kicked...

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, red750 said:

Let some uncontrolled rugrat jump all over your Tecnam and see how you like it. What's up your nose?

I don't think you understand. If the issue you have is with someone interfering with your aircraft, then race or nationality is irrelevant. By saying someone from race X did you a disservice implies that your objection is more than the disservice, you also object to that person's race or nationality, else why mention nationality or race at all? All you had to say is 'a five year old kid was swinging off the pod'

• Like 4
  • Agree 3
  • Haha 1
  • Winner 1

It's an unfortunate fact of life, some minority nationalities/races have a tendency to be a whole lot more destructive, thieving, and ignorant, and indulge in anti-social behaviours, than the majority race - and just sighting them, immediately raises your alertness level. Ask any security guard in any shopping centre about that.

• Agree 1
  • Caution 1