Idiot flavoured public!

On 23/07/2022 at 10:56 AM, danny_galaga said:

Mate, just saying someone who has done something silly or whatever is of a 'flavoured' nature is offensive. It's just not necessary for your story. Think about it- would it have been ok if they weren't 'flavoured'? Did their act bother you, or their 'flavour'?

Use your head.

And he said woman. That's offensive now too. It was a non binary birth giver.😁

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, danny_galaga said:

I don't think you understand. If the issue you have is with someone interfering with your aircraft, then race or nationality is irrelevant. By saying someone from race X did you a disservice implies that your objection is more than the disservice, you also object to that person's race or nationality, else why mention nationality or race at all? All you had to say is 'a five year old kid was swinging off the pod'

Why are you getting upset about nothing .

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, BrendAn said:

Why are you getting upset about nothing .

If you don't see what I'm getting at, your are part of the problem. Right now I bet a lot of people reading this are thinking 'bloody political correctness' . I agree PC can go overboard. What I'm talking about here is not PC, it's just C. To paraphrase Martin Luther King, judge someone not on the colour of their skin, but of their actions. In this case it's a bad action- an unsupervised kid swinging on a plane. But if the first thing you think is not about that action, but what creed that person is, then that is a biased assessment.

• Agree 5
  • Haha 1

Ok, there is always a different angle that can show the incorrectness of the statements I'm talking about. Let's forget about race and creed. Instead, let's say what you saw is a kid in a Collingwood Jersey swinging off the wing. And that's what you tell us. Oh, bloody Magpies we all cry because, let's face it, no one likes Collingwood (go Cats!). But now instead of thinking about the actual misdeed, we are instead thinking about  those bloody Magpies. Shoot the lot of em! They shouldn't be allowed to play! Why do they get to always play at the MCG?!?!  And don't get me started on that bloody Eddie McGuire!

And yet, one of the guys I get along most with at work is a Collingwood supporter. He didn't climb on anyone's wings. I try and take each person as they come. People are people.

This is all a part of what we call logical fallacy. I always forget which are the correct terms, but you can put it down to simple irrelevancy in this case. The football code that kid follows should not affect how you feel about them swinging on your wing. It could well be you really do dislike Africans/Collingwood supporters. I can't stop you thinking that. But I can tell you it is wrong headed.

I doubt I myself would change anyone's way of thinking on this matter on this forum. We are strangers. What would be good is if you tell all your real friends about this asshole on the forum who has been picking on you. Maybe one or two of them will say to you 'actually, he's got a point'.

Just one more thing. We all have a quaint idea of what an Australian is. Let me tell you it is changing pretty quickly, and it needn't be a bad thing. For those on this forum lamenting the dwindling numbers of new recreational pilots, that new demographic is your target, not middle aged white guys. If you make those people feel uncomfortable or unwelcome, then the dwindling continues.

• Like 4
  • Agree 3
  • Haha 1
  • Winner 1

Nah, anyone who supports the wrong football club has to immediately be suss - there's something seriously wrong with that bloke! :cheezy grin:

When I'm approaching strangers doing something wrong, I assess the situation as regards that persons physical appearance - and whether that physical appearance might mean that the person reacts to mild chiding, in an abusive and possibly violent or vicious reaction, that involves a personal physical attack. So, yes, sorry to say, I sum up people by their appearance, based on their typical racial record.

However, I've been wrong, I was attacked once in a vicious murderous manner by a young white male, when I tried to stop him assaulting his female partner in the street. I only escaped a murderous attack by retreating to my vehicle and making a getaway, while he ran alongside me for 400M, trying to attack me in the vehicle. He really was a piece of work, and I only realised the type I'd accidentally encountered, when 3 carloads of police rolled up to arrest him. 

• Agree 1

There's some pretty "Mental" people around. You notice them on highways driving. There are people you don't even make eye contact with if you are risk sensitive. Just stay "invisible". Discretion is the better part of Valour. Haven't been in a "Biffo" ever.  Stay clear of COPS..Nev

• Like 1

In certain ‘flavoured’ areas around cesspool Melb it’s unwise to leave yourself venerable! Got right royally car raged once by the flavoured vermin who feature all too often on the news for violent behaviour! I only went to this dangerous suburb to collect an item for a mate but got targeted as I hoped back into my car! Was bloody scary!

• Informative 1

6 hours ago, onetrack said:

Nah, anyone who supports the wrong football club has to immediately be suss - there's something seriously wrong with that bloke! :cheezy grin:

When I'm approaching strangers doing something wrong, I assess the situation as regards that persons physical appearance - and whether that physical appearance might mean that the person reacts to mild chiding, in an abusive and possibly violent or vicious reaction, that involves a personal physical attack. So, yes, sorry to say, I sum up people by their appearance, based on their typical racial record.

However, I've been wrong, I was attacked once in a vicious murderous manner by a young white male, when I tried to stop him assaulting his female partner in the street. I only escaped a murderous attack by retreating to my vehicle and making a getaway, while he ran alongside me for 400M, trying to attack me in the vehicle. He really was a piece of work, and I only realised the type I'd accidentally encountered, when 3 carloads of police rolled up to arrest him. 

Remember the bloke that intervened at Altona when a bloke was beating his girlfriend on the side of the road. The pos stabbed him to death then ran away.  Scum of the earth took the life of a good man.

2 hours ago, Flightrite said:

In certain ‘flavoured’ areas around cesspool Melb it’s unwise to leave yourself venerable! 

Don't worry, I don't think you're venerable.  Shitheads come in all colours and origins  (and football clubs).  Some suburbs of any city are full of white bogans who'll bash you for no reason.  Bloke at work got beaten up and in a coma by a gang of teenagers - white.  Another mate got king hit in a nightclub and was never the same since.  The bloke who did it was white.  Jeez you can't trust those vanilla flavoured scumbags.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

While you gentlemen may be venerable ( Commanding respect by virtue of age, dignity, character, or position. ), I think the word you were looking for was "vulnerable" (capable of or susceptible to being wounded or hurt, as by a weapon).

These cowards who go out armed with a knife, gun or machete, etc., should be punished using their own weapon.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2