CAD Design for Aircraft Project

Already started to build a Jurca Mustang Replica. Looking for a volunteer who can draw for free for me parts from PDF files in DWG/DXF in order to continue to cut them on the CNC and assemble them. Many thanks. I had many sponsors who helped for free during this project. If you wish to join, let me know.

IMG_20220726_210311.jpg

IMG_20220523_144059.jpg

IMG-20220718-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20220720-WA0007.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

30 years ago I was writing acad program files (name eludese at the moment) I was able to take an excel file and extract data and create dwg files from the excel data. The formats for acad and SLC files is well documented.  I expect that pdf file format is documented.  I am 74 and too old to do it these days but you should be able to find a young budding programmer that would write such a program for you, maybe even for free.

30 years ago I was writing acad program files (name eludese at the moment) I was able to take an excel file and extract data and create dwg files from the excel data. The formats for acad and SLC files is well documented.  I expect that pdf file format is documented.  I am 74 and too old to do it these days but you should be able to find a young budding programmer that would write such a program for you, maybe even for free.

It appears that the software exists, for free some of them, do a PDF to DWG search on the internet.

Feel free to contact me privately if you wish

depends how much the post scripting of the the original file has reduced the data detail.

I would say unlikely, but possible. PDF is generally a lossy format. depends how well scale was preserved in the generation of the graphics files etc

Hate to say it but buy a simple CAD (D for Drafting) program like DeltaCad and do it yourself. - US$40 and its yours forever.

I moved off Aautocad years ago when the costs for the licences became prohibitive and moved to DeltaCad for all my drawings as I was not doing complex design work requiring computer assembly and fit integration.

Drafting programs like Deltacad can't do design integration and 3d but it can do the drafting with about 10 min self training and it will spit out the appropriate files to pass to the CAM machine of your choice - for me mostly waterjet and mills

As an example I drafted up the full 16 pages of the EPB1 plank drawings over a week of evenings while watching TV - its not too hard or time consuming.

Cheers.

• Informative 2

I used Autocad at work, years ago and have tried other types since. never heard of DeltaCad.

I like to do woodworking designs and mapping of my property and water mains etc, so will have to give it a go. All the others I have tried are very hard to use and don't even have relevant how to do it pages.

I use autocad 3D for 3D printing.  I have used acad since its inception in the 1980s ( or about then).  I tried a free 3d cad package but it was too hard to learn at my age, something about old dogs and new tricks.  😁