Ryse Recon eVTOL first manned flight

red750

That was an awesome video... first thought that came to mind was to put my leather suit on and jump head first into an industrial wood chipper!! And couldn't hear the engines for the volume of the music 🤷🏼‍♂️... it's a useless pursuit, no future in this idea anymore other than population reduction 🤔hmmm.. better off flying a zenith or superstol  😃😊

I wonder how long before someone loses a limb in one of those knee-level horizontal unguarded large propellers?

The whole design is seriously deficient, lightweight ducting around the fans would provide an improved level of thrust/lift, whilst providing a major increase in the level of safety to bystanders (or the pilot!). 

On 27/08/2022 at 12:59 AM, red750 said:

Being electric, there wouldn't be much engine noise to hear.

Really?!! My MSA220 cordless electric chainsaw was pretty damn loud this morning; punching out a fraction of the power of those 6, sorry, 12 points of failure on the fancy lettuce shredder... population control device; one for the CIA conspiracy theorists. Should fly through certification process without any issue; pun intended... sticking with two wings; can turn the motor off and still land in a sandpit.

• Like 1

BUT, you get the james bond music and no doubt the woman at the end of the movie

Stealth would n't be part of the exercise - noise levels would be well over the top

And, turning over hay to get it dried - there'd have to be cheaper methods

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, johnm said:

And, turning over hay to get it dried - there'd have to be cheaper methods

You'd think so, wouldn't you... but I've talked to a helicopter pilot who has spent hours hovering over cherry trees to dry them.   I couldn't quite see how that made financial sense either but apparently it made more sense than the crop being lost.

• Informative 1