Jump to content

Macron banning private jets


Recommended Posts

On 27/08/2022 at 7:31 PM, onetrack said:

Yep, if you're a Canadian, and you're looking at buying a new aircraft, or a luxury yacht or luxury car, the news is all bad.....

 

https://www.euronews.com/green/2022/08/01/tax-the-rich-canada-imposes-new-levy-on-luxury-cars-yachts-and-private-jets

I like that - '“The economic impact of the luxury tax will be significant and [has] not been studied with a comprehensive understanding of our industry,” Anthony Norejko, president and CEO of the Canadian Business Aviation Association, argues.'

 

Of course he'd say that wouldn't he!  Being president and CEO of the Canadian "Business Aviation Association".

 

Good on them.  If you can afford a private jet, you shouldn't mind an extra 10% going to your country.

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can't see France banning private jets given Dassault still make the Falcon. I didn't read the FT article as it is behind a paywall, and frankly, since it changed hands a few years ago, IMHO, its standards dropped a tad. Anyway, euronews is reporting a ban is unlikely, but a tax is. No problem with that, as the rich don't seem to pay their fair share anyway.

 

What I didn't like about the Canadian tax was that it was set at aircraft greater than CAD $100K, but boats at CAD $250K. Why the difference? Do boats have to go through the same regulatory controls as aircraft? Doubt it. And, yes, there are a lot of commercial boats, such as fishing trawlers - make them exempt. I can't think of a single new GA plane that would be less than CAD $100K, and probably not too many upper end LSAs either.

Edited by Jerry_Atrick
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 27/08/2022 at 6:39 PM, lee-wave said:

https://www.ft.com/content/ee29efce-f9e9-49b1-93e3-75817a2e1a01    

I guess it's only a matter of time when politicians will turn their attention to curb GA flying.

 

Well, looks like it is time to fight the global warming religion idiocy that is causing these problems…

 

 

 

 

.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As religions go, belief in global warming is unique in being based on science.
Furthermore, the outcomes are much more real than the terrors imagined by Middle Ages monks.

We are already copping it, with far, far worse to come. (As I’ve oft said) Expect boat people arriving in tens of millions and the world expecting Australia -the biggest carbon exporter- to take them in.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Old Koreelah said:

As religions go, belief in global warming is unique in being based on science.
Furthermore, the outcomes are much more real than the terrors imagined by Middle Ages monks.

We are already copping it, with far, far worse to come. (As I’ve oft said) Expect boat people arriving in tens of millions and the world expecting Australia -the biggest carbon exporter- to take them in.

 

“Based on science”. …Just like in the movies. Based on a true event..😉

 

 

 

 

.

Edited by Flying Binghi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Meanwhile… One of global warmings chief hysterics forgets his polo gear…

 

 

“…Prince Harry was spotted arriving at a Santa Barbara airport in an electric Audi SUV, before boarding the $9 million Bombardier Challenger 600 on Wednesday…”

 

But he forgot something…  “…spent half an hour in the jet on the ground, with the engines idling, waiting for the Polo gear he left behind to be delivered in a black Range Rover…”

 

🤨……..🤔……😂

 

 

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/08/29/royal-hypocrite-climate-warrior-prince-harry-flew-in-a-private-jet-then-waited-for-the-car/

 

 

 

 

.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haven't we done this topic to death in the past? ANY farmer who keeps records will tell you of a significant pattern of changes in one persons lifetime. More extremes more often. The CO2 in the air and ocean acidity is easily measured.. Nev

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, facthunter said:

Haven't we done this topic to death in the past? ANY farmer who keeps records will tell you of a significant pattern of changes in one persons lifetime. More extremes more often. The CO2 in the air and ocean acidity is easily measured.. Nev

If yer hadn’t noticed, its in the news every day. The subject is very ‘topical’…😉

 

 

 

  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Marty_d said:

For sh*t stirrers and reasonable people alike - Social Australia is the place for that "debate".

The thread is about the global warming loons wanting to get rid of private jets. Yer don’t think that’s relevant to an aviation forum ?…🤨

 

 

As to the sh*t stirrers. Can somebody tell them that Trump is no longer the president. Ron DeSantis is the new man on the block..😉

 

 

Back to jets and things…

 

 

Edited by Flying Binghi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Flying Binghi said:

The thread is about the global warming loons wanting to get rid of private jets. Yer don’t think that’s relevant to an aviation forum ?…🤨

Fair comment. I agree there’s plenty of hypocracy among celebrities who express concern about environmental issues.

We’re all living beyond our planet’s means, but few of us will cut our living standard to suit.

41 minutes ago, Flying Binghi said:

 

As to the sh*t stirrers. Can somebody tell them that Trump is no longer the president.  

At least you accept that dozens of Republican judges tossed out the spoiled brat’s ludicrous claims that he won.

Then why are you so fascinated with the nation-wrecking antics of his disciples?

FB, I definitely defer to your great aviation knowledge, but you seem to know sh1t-all about how clever politicians manipulate voter’s prejudices.

 

41 minutes ago, Flying Binghi said:

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 30/8/2022 at 8:22 PM, pmccarthy said:

I have found most people on this site have been converted to the warmist religion.

Through their religious faith, pious sea monks have opened new shipping lanes in the Arctic. ✝️  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 01/09/2022 at 10:30 AM, Old Koreelah said:

 

you seem to know sh1t-all about how clever politicians manipulate voter’s prejudices.

 

 

 

That’s easy to disprove. I’m Un-vaxed…😉

 

 

 

 

.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/09/2022 at 4:15 AM, lee-wave said:

Not really interested in copy and paste YT videos......

 

Hmmm… why not? Apparently, if yer a true believer in ‘global warming’, then you shouldn’t be flying in an aircraft..🤨

 

Obviously no-one in this forum believes in ‘global warming’..😉

 

 

 

 

🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I fly and believe in global warming. I would gladly remove the CO2 that I put in the air by my flying, but this would be futile unless everybody else did too.

Each liter of avgas used  would need approximately a kg of charcoal to be buried....  no real problem,

Here's another way of looking at the atmosphere...  1 cubic km of air weighs about 10^9kg and 1ppm is therefore 10^3kg or 1 tonne. So 1ppm = 1 tonne per cubic km.

If the atmosphere goes up to 15km ( ie could be replaced by a 15 km deep layer of 1kg/m^3 ) then there are 90 cubic km of air over this farm. ( yep, the farm is 1500 acres or 6 km^2 )

To lower the CO2 from 420ppm to 280ppm would mean removing 140 times 90 tonnes of CO2.

Wow , 12,600 tonnes of CO2 ! That is  possible but it will take years of work Gosh I hope somebody does a check and finds I have overstated the figures.

I find it easy to believe that 12,600 tonnes of CO2 could alter the thermal properties of this bit of atmosphere by enough for 2 degrees of warming.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you think our farm is not important and want to do the whole planet, here's a start.

The surface area=5 times 10^14 m^2

at 15 km height ( guess!) the volume is 7.5 times 10^18 m^3

Then the weight is the same in kg.

1 millionth of the atmosphere is 7.5 times 10^12 kg

so 1ppm of CO2 reduction means removing 7.5 times 10^9 tonnes, that is 7.5 billion tonnes!

Seems a lot, so I hope this is wrong.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Bruce Tuncks said:

I fly and believe in global warming. I would gladly remove the CO2 that I put in the air by my flying, but this would be futile unless everybody else did too.

Each liter of avgas used  would need approximately a kg of charcoal to be buried....  no real problem,

Here's another way of looking at the atmosphere...  1 cubic km of air weighs about 10^9kg and 1ppm is therefore 10^3kg or 1 tonne. So 1ppm = 1 tonne per cubic km.

If the atmosphere goes up to 15km ( ie could be replaced by a 15 km deep layer of 1kg/m^3 ) then there are 90 cubic km of air over this farm. ( yep, the farm is 1500 acres or 6 km^2 )

To lower the CO2 from 420ppm to 280ppm would mean removing 140 times 90 tonnes of CO2.

Wow , 12,600 tonnes of CO2 ! That is  possible but it will take years of work Gosh I hope somebody does a check and finds I have overstated the figures.

I find it easy to believe that 12,600 tonnes of CO2 could alter the thermal properties of this bit of atmosphere by enough for 2 degrees of warming.

 

“…I would gladly remove the CO2 that I put in the air by my flying, but this would be futile unless everybody else did too…”

 

Yes, I see… exactly what them jet setting global warming true believers are saying..😉

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...