Airfield close to cafe?

RocketShip

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for an airfield in the South east Qld region that has a Cafe for coffee etc that I can fly to regually.

I know there are flyings breakfast around at times. I want some place that I can fly to when I want on a regular basis.

I cant find much around. Thought someone may know of somewhere?

Thank you.

I didn't know that the Cherrabah resort had reopened. Has the airfield reopened as well? It was closed for their cows during COVID! I last stopped there as an alternate in 2015 when we couldn't get into Stanthorpe because of low cloud. Had a nice buffet bacon and eggs breakfast at the restaurant for $20 each while we waited for the cloud to lift.

Anyhow:

Stanthorpe: The Christmas Farm Cafe at the Granite Belt Christmas Farm is only 800m from the airfield terminal building for an All Day Menu, a Lunch Menu and ice creams and fudge!

Caloundra: The Queensland Air Museum Cafe - 50m and the Hungry Jacks at the BP servo on the main road - 600m. We always take the scenic route from Archerfield and dogleg around Mt Beerwah.

• Informative 1

31 minutes ago, Possum1 said:

Cherrabah's airstrip is still closed with cows still grazing on it for the next several weeks while their regular pasture dries out!

It is a PPR strip for a reason, not sure of the current ownership.  My girlfriend now wife worked there a long time ago