Flight Reviews

rgmwa

My last flight review was on 27 Feb 2022. All went well so I didn’t think any more about it. Then just tonight I received an email from CASA formally confirming that my flight review had been successful - more than 7 months later! They must be short-staffed at headquarters.

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

Too busy putting all their efforts into Drones,  bragging about going ahead in leaps and bounds, shame they would not pour the same effort into Aviation that has real pilots….

A few years back I did a retractable endorsement, later while checking my pilot status I was surprised to see no retract but had gained a centre line thrust multi engine rating plus pressurized. I checked plane sales for a cheap  cessna p337😂. Took about 7 months to correct. Things happen.  

• Like 2

It sounds like CASA are going to be the next operation targeted by cyber-crims, and with the indications from the reports above (and elsewhere), it will take CASA 3 years to find out they've been hacked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Try calling them. I waited months for my CTA/CTR endorsement to get added to my RPL, finally called them to ask about it and the guy goes "oh no worries, I'll do that right now" and it was on my license by the end of the call. 

• Like 1
  • Informative 2

Hey, at least you got a message back! Can't say I ever did. Problem belongem dem fella.

I know someone who just passed PPL and got awarded a CPL. Cool! That'll only take about a year to resolve probably, and a stat dec and six witnesses to say they did not do a CPL test.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Informative 1

When they brought in the new licences I suddenly found I had lost my CS Prop endorsement, but that's OK I had gained a retractable endorsement. It only took one phone call to fix.

• Informative 1

Crikey 5 f*#@ ups in just 8 posts from a small sample of licenced pilots. There are probably hundreds of pilots flying around with endorsements they never got and have not bothered to get them corrected. I wonder if they have any sort of audit process. They don't seem to have a checking process.

• Agree 2

On 5/10/2022 at 6:42 AM, jackc said:

Too busy putting all their efforts into Drones,  bragging about going ahead in leaps and bounds, shame they would not pour the same effort into Aviation that has real pilots….

They have nearly completed their goal of making GA completely safe by putting all GA aircraft out of the air so they need to move onto somewhere aviation is actually increasing numbers.....drones. 

• Like 2