Bolly Prop Contact and Scoop

extralite

HI

Does anyone have a contact for the US agent for Bolly Props? We need some prop bolts and a faceplate and didn't have much luck with the Australian distributor and the USA Bolly Websites look like they were done in 2005. 

Noticed a couple of Thrusters sold recently for closer to their real value in my opinion. Anyone else notice a swing back to basic flying? Nothing better than rolling a simple aircraft out of a shed and going for a look around i think. Attached is a pic of 5 thrusters put away for the possible flooding over the next few days. Way out of space so probably have to sell the t300 pictured at some time. It is one of our favs because of it's simplicity (close to original) but had to choose one. But not until we get all 5 airborne together once we get this last one back together. 

shedful of thrusters.heic thrustert300.heic

• Like 3

The file format is High Efficiency Image Format (HEIF), the latest file format used by iPhones (from iOS11 onwards). Formerly, iPhones used .JPG files as the standard format, but typically as with all things Apple, they like to try and set their own world standards. Unfortunately, it's Apple against the world consortium of photo format setters, the Joint Photographic Experts Group, who set up .JPG (.JPEG) files as a world standard that is compatible with virtually every device in the world.

If you have a late model iPhone, you can change the default photo file format to .JPG by going to settings and re-setting the photo format to .JPG.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

6 hours ago, extralite said:

HI

Does anyone have a contact for the US agent for Bolly Props? We need some prop bolts and a faceplate and didn't have much luck with the Australian distributor and the USA Bolly Websites look like they were done in 2005. 

Noticed a couple of Thrusters sold recently for closer to their real value in my opinion. Anyone else notice a swing back to basic flying? Nothing better than rolling a simple aircraft out of a shed and going for a look around i think. Attached is a pic of 5 thrusters put away for the possible flooding over the next few days. Way out of space so probably have to sell the t300 pictured at some time. It is one of our favs because of it's simplicity (close to original) but had to choose one. But not until we get all 5 airborne together once we get this last one back together. 

shedful of thrusters.heic 4.17 MB · 16 downloads thrustert300.heic 5.07 MB · 4 downloads

just build another hanger.

BrendAn, have you seen the price of hangars and sheds lately? There have been 5 price increases in the cost of sheds and hangars in the last 18 mths, with the average price increase being around 7% - 8% each time. 

And then there's the wait for sheds and components, with "supply chain restrictions" impacting everything from bolts and nuts, to steel sheeting. Then lastly, you're lucky if you can find enough blokes to put your hangar or shed up.

The last 2 years is the worst period I have encountered in 20 years, for price increases on steel and construction products.

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, onetrack said:

BrendAn, have you seen the price of hangars and sheds lately? There have been 5 price increases in the cost of sheds and hangars in the last 18 mths, with the average price increase being around 7% - 8% each time. 

And then there's the wait for sheds and components, with "supply chain restrictions" impacting everything from bolts and nuts, to steel sheeting. Then lastly, you're lucky if you can find enough blokes to put your hangar or shed up.

The last 2 years is the worst period I have encountered in 20 years, for price increases on steel and construction products.

I was only joking. 

• Like 1

thanks for converting the file. Did try and upload as a Jpg after but had a file error. 

Back to the original question...anyone know where to get Bolly Prop bits aside from Bolly Australia? 

31 minutes ago, extralite said:

thanks for converting the file. Did try and upload as a Jpg after but had a file error. 

Back to the original question...anyone know where to get Bolly Prop bits aside from Bolly Australia? 

Have you rang the bolly factory in sa.  

• Agree 1

Yes. After a long delay as a payment bounced so they left them sitting on the desk rather then call, they sent them. They then took almost 2 weeks to arrive and when i was chasing them up to find out if they had actually sent them this time, the guy said it wasn't worth their time to be sending bolts out and to contact someone in the US next time. When they did arrive they had sent the wrong bolts. They sent the adjustment bolts, not the main bolts.

I'l just get some bolts locally and make up a face plate i think. Not too hard. 

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

35 minutes ago, extralite said:

Yes. After a long delay as a payment bounced so they left them sitting on the desk rather then call, they sent them. They then took almost 2 weeks to arrive and when i was chasing them up to find out if they had actually sent them this time, the guy said it wasn't worth their time to be sending bolts out and to contact someone in the US next time. When they did arrive they had sent the wrong bolts. They sent the adjustment bolts, not the main bolts.

That's piss poor customer support.  They were a good prop until about 10 years ago.  Left behind with development and resin types other brands now have available.  I bought a set about 10 years ago.  Not interested in their current models for new purchases.  They should support their product 100%.

Edited by Blueadventures

1 hour ago, extralite said:

Sorry to hear that.. bad service.

Related to the "weak bolts thread", the seller of a thruster I just bought  forgot to include the bolts on the main wing spars where they bolt on to the roots. I bought some high tensile bolts from a reputable shop that match what is needed. (not Bunnnings.) Would these be okay or would the forum suggest a different spec?

Edited by extralite