Gamston (Nottinghamshire) - Le Touquet

This one brought back memories of my first UK flight (as the onoy time a pax in a PA28), and then my own flying. The flight planning/nav software is Skydemon, which is fantastic to use (sorry OzRunways), and submitting the flight plan was a push on a button in Skydemon. Note, in France, French pilots do RT in French.. which is a bummer for situationa awareness.

Grand flying:

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

In honour of QEII, the mecca of British aviators (GA, LSA and others) has renamed itself as "Le Touquet-Paris-Plage Elizabeth II.". Apparently, the airport was founded by a Brit, anyway.

Good on Le Touquet.. Of course, on Tuesdays, it will still be an AA airport, which I was hoping meant Alcoholics Always, but is French for French speaking only. I am sure, the late Lizzy spoke French anyway!

https://www.timeout.com/news/this-french-resort-is-renaming-its-airport-after-queen-elizabeth-ii-092022

Normally, I would say that name will be a bugger on the radio, but thankfully, but, when flying in Frande, we are expected to quote ICAO codes for airfields (slight sarcasm with respect to another thread some time back).

Edited by Jerry_Atrick
  • Informative 1