Anything Handle Like a Warrior II

Never flown a Vixen but the 2 things I didn't like about the Foxbat were the weird position of the throttle beside the seat and the awkward flap handle. Other than that it was as easy to fly as a Gazelle.

16 hours ago, RFguy said:

that's crap skippy, 18 lph with 106 kias indicated is excellent.  I dont know any other plane that will make that and land slow. AND carry 100 litres of fuel AND two people  and 25kg bags, comfortable cabin width etc.

SKippy, please list the airplane you speak of, and its useable load, endurance, cabin width  etc

You asked for it - With great reluctance (I am, in part, the Australian distributer) I suggest you check out the ATEC Faeta:

• Comfortable ergonomic adjustable seating X 2 - A subjective area, much depends on the crews body shape/size (adjustable rudder peddles are an option).
  • Quiet inside & out - Foxbat?
  • 27 Knot stall @ 450 kg -  37 Knots @ 600 kg - Not quite as good as a Foxbat but not far off.
  • 134 Knot high speed cruise @ 18-19L/hr (Rotax 912 ULS) Vne 147 Knots - Need I comment?
  • 50L x 2 wing tanks Is this what you asked for? Endurance at max cruise, 134 knots/19L, 5+ hrs (to empty). Go back down to 120 knots and you will likely have 6+ hrs.
  • Depending on fit out- pay load up to 300 kg (including fuel) - so how much better is your Foxbat?
  • Take- off sub 100 m ground role on grass - landing 200 m - Foxbat will probably do a little better but at great cost cost to cruise performance & econamy.
  • Factory or Kit built - huge range of options

NOTE: The above claims, for the Faeta, are factual and can be demonstrated here in Australia.

I only know of one other aircraft, in this class, with  a similar very wide flight envelope & performance.

I have no desire to "bag" other aircraft but when suggest performance figures that can be equalled/bettered by others,  in the one airframe, I can not help but step forward and point out there are other options which may better meet your claims/expectations..

Yes, the ATEC  Faeta is a very good plane, also. 

skip, we're talking INDICATED airspeed for this question. 

My guess is ur talking 115 kts indicated at 18lph (translate to 134 kts at 8.5kfeet) 

Looking at W&B limits , the Vixxen has a little more utility of you want to carry stuff (but is not as fast as the ATEC) 

1 hour ago, RFguy said:

Yes, the ATEC  Faeta is a very good plane, also. 

skip, we're talking INDICATED airspeed for this question. 

My guess is ur talking 115 kts indicated at 18lph (translate to 134 kts at 8.5kfeet) 

Looking at W&B limits , the Vixxen has a little more utility of you want to carry stuff (but is not as fast as the ATEC) 

Thanks for the acknowledgement RFguy 

I agree the Vixxen is a good aircraft and certainly has its niche in the performance/capacity spectrum.

I don't have a Faeta however my old Zephyr (progenitor of Faeta) delivered 120 knots indicated, at sea level (500ft)

As we have often reflected, in this Forum,  it all comes down to the pilots needs/wants in an aircraft.

https://www.atecaircraft.eu/storage/app/media/references/clanek_Australie_Faeta West to East.pdf

• Like 1

Had a 172 for 20 yrs then maintenance costs rose and rose then cids. Id had enough. Nice to get around in but maintenance cost creep was the killer. Also didnt use the full payload capability often. I went for an raa aircraft with much the same performance as fhe 172, cruse speed , approach and flair and suitable comfort for two plus 5hrs fuel and 20kg baggage. I found the lsa handled like a mixmaster in turbulance but soon learnt not to fight it and enjoy? the ride. Lsa will never be as comfortable as an aircraft twice its weight but can do long cross country and fun flying at half the cost. Also doing your own maintenance, if capable, ups your skill and respect for the aircraft and lowers the cost substantially.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1