contact

phil55

Hello and happy new year

I'm Philippe, a french private pilot. My youngest son is now in Australia for a year, in Wollongong and moving soon to Mareeba. I'd would like to offer him a  discover flight as a Christmas gift, and try to find this opportunity with a private leisure pilot as I used to do myself. 

Can you please help me to find some contact with pilot or aéroclub ?

Many thanks. 

Philippe 

[email protected]

• Like 1

Bienvenue Phillippe,

As you probably know it's a very long way from Wollongong to Mareeba (like Paris to Morocco ;- ).

But I guess you're thinking of a flight around the Mareeba/Cairns area, rather than around Wollongong, is that right?

Maybe some people on this forum from up that way could help with suggestions.

Anyway, if you check out some of the great movies on this thread you will see that Far North Queensland has some spectacular scenery to fly over:

Edited by Garfly

On 03/01/2023 at 7:07 PM, phil55 said:

Hello and happy new year

I'm Philippe, a french private pilot. My youngest son is now in Australia for a year, in Wollongong and moving soon to Mareeba. I'd would like to offer him a  discover flight as a Christmas gift, and try to find this opportunity with a private leisure pilot as I used to do myself. 

Can you please help me to find some contact with pilot or aéroclub ?

Many thanks. 

Philippe 

[email protected]

Atherton airfield is very close only a few k's there are lots of good aircraft there and if he makes himself known he'll be able to arrange some flights.

Thank's all of you for your answering.

"But I guess you're thinking of a flight around the Mareeba/Cairns area, rather than around Wollongong, is that right?t"

Yes it's right, I Think my son would be in Mareeba in the following days, so now it's around this place that I'm looking for.

If you flight around there and accept my son on board, tell me !

Thank's 

Philippe

2 hours ago, phil55 said:

Thank's all of you for your answering.

"But I guess you're thinking of a flight around the Mareeba/Cairns area, rather than around Wollongong, is that right?t"

Yes it's right, I Think my son would be in Mareeba in the following days, so now it's around this place that I'm looking for.

If you flight around there and accept my son on board, tell me !

Thank's 

Philippe

Atherton is 13 miles from Mareeba.   I am not near there.  Tell your son to visit both airfields. 

On 03/01/2023 at 7:07 PM, phil55 said:

Hello and happy new year

I'm Philippe, a french private pilot. My youngest son is now in Australia for a year, in Wollongong and moving soon to Mareeba. I'd would like to offer him a  discover flight as a Christmas gift! Many thanks.  Philippe 

[email protected]

Hello Philippe, I`m 45klm South of Cairns! I fly a Drifter off my own property, legally! I`d be happy to take your son flying, if possible, however, it`s been raining here since Christmas day and my strips are very wet.

If your son would like to go in the Drifter, we may be able to organise something for a later date.

• Like 1