6 hours ago, djpacro said:

I love it when people do a bit of research into the literature and provide references to back up their comments.

Well done, that man!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have never been sick from aeros as a passenger, nor from manoeuvres flying an aircraft. But last week I tried vr with my daughter. I handled the big rotating swing, the roller coaster ride. But I sat on a flat sled, which rocked around and with googles on flying around a city above the skyscrapers on a track that was mapped out with a track, I lost my breakfast. 
some of the stuff I have read about ww2 aircraft, their manoeuvres and lack of training along with poor conditions, makes me appreciate what was done by our forebears. Holding it together under fire, sick from living conditions and away from home. Life was a lot tougher then than now.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

On 25/1/2023 at 9:32 PM, ClintonB said:

…some of the stuff I have read about ww2 aircraft, their manoeuvres and lack of training…

Just watched the movie 303 Squadron and also the You Tube vid on why Polish pilots were so much more effective in the BoB. Turns out they were the best of their nation’s elite, with vastly more comprehensive training than British and Commonwealth pilots.

On 25/1/2023 at 9:32 PM, ClintonB said:

…along with poor conditions, makes me appreciate what was done by our forebears. Holding it together under fire, sick from living conditions and away from home. Life was a lot tougher then than now.

Too plurry right, Clint! The effect of discomfort on human efficiency is now well understood.

It’s easy for us to sit back in our safe, warm houses with a full belly and pass judgement on the performance of others in wartime situations. If I had suffered weeks of poor diet, dysintery, battle trauma and fear, I might easily commit a war crime.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2