Back in the saddle again!!! Woohooo!!

Just a quick note to all about my latest achievement.

After my in flight emergency about a month ago I have been struggling to get back in the air. I chickened out once, which I massively regretted (Sorry Macnoz).

Yesterday I finally got over myself and did it. I went for an introduction flight in the Jab 160 at Caboolture, thanks to RA Caboolture. It was a fairly blowy day with a stiff westerly which dictated a departure from 24.

I flew with Bill, CFI from RA Caboolture and he was a great coach.

I was fairly sweating bullets for the first 10 minutes and nearly tore the control column from its mounting! We did some turns, climb and descend and stalls as I got used to the Jabs idiosyncracies.

We joined the LH cct on 24 for a fairly reasonable landing. Got my hands crossed up reaching for the brakes! But everying else went pretty well.

As we were on final I knew I had beaten my fear and felt like I could do anything.

As we taxied past the crowd gathered for an Anzac Day show of some warbirds I got a wave from the crowd. As I waved back at those little kids I hoped my smile from ear-to-ear had maybe planted the seeds for future aviators.

One of my best days ever.

Thanks to all the great support I received from all in this forum. Macnoz and MozartMerv in particular and also the great staff from Caboolture RA.

I'm back! X-Country endorsement here I come!

Guest Decca

Fantastic revelation Spacesage. Must admit I may have missed the lead up to this on the forums - blame the chemo for that, but also nice to see you thank the main players for getting you airborne again & having the motivation to move on. Fact is I'm sure people like MM would say that in the end you did it yourself with a positive attitude.011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif

Regards, Decca.

Guest Macnoz

hey

and well done on your type conversion going solo in the Jabiru.

the only way is up now.

john