How to charter a plane from Henderson, NV to Merced and what does it cost?

Hi, 

not sure if this is the right place to ask, but if not please let me know where the correct place is 🙂

I am in need of picking up my child (11) every couple months from Merced and bring him to Henderson, NV. Driving is really taxing 🙂 on the kid (and me) so I am wondering if there is a way to get a 172 or similar incl pilot chartered for that trip, and how much that would cost. 

Please pm me if anybody has information, or let me know here please 🙂

Thanks!

Natalia 

Natalia, this is principally an Australian website, though with a scattering of members and contributors from all over the world.
If you are looking to charter, you could contact aero clubs and the like and ask who can provide that sort of service.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm not US-based but can give you some high level $ figures.

It's a 300nm direct line which can be covered in about 3hours in c172. Fuel consumption is around 9gals per hour and Google says cost is around $7 per gal of avgas, which is about $200 for fuel only. On top of this add pilot's hourly rate, plus aircraft's hourly hire, plus landing charges.

However...  direct line goes over some very high and remote terrain (14,000ft), and based on information from the charts, you have to be 3,000ft above National parks. That brings you in the area of required oxygen or more likely a pressurized aircraft, which will be additional cost..

I think it would be cheaper buying an airline ticket between Las Vegas and San Francisco or maybe closer..

Screenshot_20230322-215122_AvPlanEFB.thumb.jpg.a9ba8df45fa64520642ffe4a3eb15fd6.jpg