ADS-B Grant

Well I've bitten the bullet , with an EC2 , now coming to the rebate application !

How , pray tell ,does one submit the rego and invoice details into the on-line app............AND..

what is this project address???  home ? or hangar?

how did you go about it .........with thanks 

59 minutes ago, cherk said:

Well I've bitten the bullet , with an EC2 , now coming to the rebate application !

How , pray tell ,does one submit the rego and invoice details into the on-line app............AND..

what is this project address???  home ? or hangar?

how did you go about it .........with thanks 

Take a screen shot (or scan) of each document, then up load it when prompted near the end of the application process.

They might also want a copy of your RAA membership.

You go to the rebate website and register links to it are in this thread. You will need copy of your RAA registration aircraft details You need to sign and scan a form that says you installed it

There is another online form to fill out cant remember what it is. Everything you need to know is on the rebate website. its a Business govt website...it all pretty easy just make sure you fill out the paperwork properly

• Agree 1

I have yet to purchase mine and claim the rebate. If it’s anything like transferring a VH registered plane to a new owner, me, there was 8 pages of instructions so I could fill out a 2 page document. Unbelievable.

Ken

• Informative 1

20 minutes ago, Kenlsa said:

I have yet to purchase mine and claim the rebate. If it’s anything like transferring a VH registered plane to a new owner, me, there was 8 pages of instructions so I could fill out a 2 page document. Unbelievable.

Ken

Get in soon before the money runs out!

• Like 2

On 11/02/2023 at 12:37 PM, Old Koreelah said:

One of our regulars has registered his aircraft’s nickname on his SkyEcho, so it comes up on people’s screens rather than some boring numbers or letters than hardy anyone will see, remember or use. Much better.

I've been wondering about this. What sort of nickname? My plane is a Bushcat, can I register 'bushcat' ?

• Like 2

The recommended callsign for recreational aircraft is R followed by the 4 digit aircraft registration number & for VH the 3 characters of the registration number. This will be displayed on the device of the other aircraft that has ADSB IN and is useful to know if either aircraft believes there may be a conflict as either can make a radio call quoting the others callsign. You can enter any 6 Character code as the callsign but you cannot use any special characters. The only thing that will uniquely identify your aircraft is the registered number. If there were 2 or more aircraft in the vicinity with the same callsign then if there was a conflict you would not know which one it was.

While it is possible to use some sort of 6 character nickname it is not helpful or in the spirit of identification and could be dangerous. If you are in range of ATC, they will see this as well and will be able to ascertain the hexadecimal code and could inform CASA so you may get a call from them.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

36 minutes ago, kgwilson said:

The recommended callsign for recreational aircraft is R followed by the 4 digit aircraft registration number & for VH the 3 characters of the registration number. This will be displayed on the device of the other aircraft that has ADSB IN and is useful to know if either aircraft believes there may be a conflict as either can make a radio call quoting the others callsign. You can enter any 6 Character code as the callsign but you cannot use any special characters. The only thing that will uniquely identify your aircraft is the registered number. If there were 2 or more aircraft in the vicinity with the same callsign then if there was a conflict you would not know which one it was.

While it is possible to use some sort of 6 character nickname it is not helpful or in the spirit of identification and could be dangerous. If you are in range of ATC, they will see this as well and will be able to ascertain the hexadecimal code and could inform CASA so you may get a call from them.

R2010 it is then 🙂

2 hours ago, kgwilson said:

The recommended callsign for recreational aircraft is R followed by the 4 digit aircraft registration number........................

I have always used the aircraft type followed by the 4 digits ie Zephyr 3360 - was never corrected.

Recently had an interesting call sign situation - called "Sonex 2041"............. (individual numbers) Tower "Sonex 20 41"............ (paired numbers) got told off by tower when responded ....................."Sonex 2041"

Turns out;

• If ATC use/respond in paired numbers, pilot must respond in kind
  • Nothing wrong with individual numbers , that is until changed by ATC

This level of pedantry, is how inexperienced pilots get flustered and then go on to make mistakes

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The callsign I am referring to is what is entered into the Skyecho 2 ADSB. The field has a maximum of 6 characters and R1234  is what CASA have specified should be entered. In GA they just want ABC even though VHABC could be entered. Radio callsigns for RA are generally aircraft type (same as GA) and paired numbers twenty forty one. I have found whatever you say when you call up they are OK with. For me it is Sierra eighty six sixty four when technically it should be Morgan eighty six sixty four. My aircraft is a Morgan Cheetah Sierra but as I built it with my mods and the only name displayed on the aircraft is Sierra, that's what I call it. Beechcraft and Tecnam Sierras always use the manufacturers name so there has never been any confusion.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Last night a C-130 flew quite a few circuits over our airport, presumably on a Nav exercise out of Richmond.

We followed its track on the iPad. It first came up on OzRunways then later on Flight Track Radar, which seemed to be about a minute behind. Not the first time I’ve been more impressed by OR. 

For the last couple of weeks we’ve had helicopters water bombing fires nearby and all appear on OR, but none show on FTR.

8 hours ago, Bosi72 said:

FlightRadar24, FlightAware are known for filtering and delaying aircraft information.

Try http://globe.adsbexchange.com they are showing everything their receivers can see.

Ultimately, if there are no receivers of either companies in your area, the traffic won't show. at all.

Yes, they are definitely for novelty purposes only. 

I couldn't give a rats if I can't be seen of FR24 or Flightaware. So long as I can see ADSB out aircraft in my vicinity when flying & any with ADSB In can see me that's all that matters.

• Agree 3

I have just tried the link to " globe.adsExchange " .

And my old galaxy FROZE .

I Had to hold the off button down to switch it off , then a couple of minutes later  to restart, & here I am .

No problems with those toy ones . LoL

spacesailor

I've seen recently an advertisement for a ipad case with small coolers to prevent ipads from overheating whilst in flight.

As with many things in life, in most cases we apply patches rather than fixing the root cause.

Over the years of use, our devices gets "littered" with all sort of software "garbage" mostly free apps, games, and each of those apps wants you to see the ads, which means less available network  bandwidth, and graphics requiring most processing power will make the cpu running hotter.

I suggest clearing the cache in your phone browser, stopping/disabling/uninstalling all background apps, then if that doesn't help do the device factory reset and have only ad-free (usually paid) aviation apps installed. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

That’s an interesting point. We used to run an iPad mini and never had any shutdowns despite being under a bubble canopy. The thing is, it was a dedicated device that lived in the plane, and ran a total of 3 apps - OzRunways, an email client and a web browser. 

• Like 3
  • Informative 1

• 2 weeks later...

It took about 6 weeks at the beginning of the scheme so they have got the process sorted just before it ends. That probably means there are not many applications coming at present. The announcement of the finish  date may see a flurry of new applications.

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/03/2023 at 5:56 AM, Bosi72 said:

I've seen recently an advertisement for a ipad case with small coolers to prevent ipads from overheating whilst in flight.

As with many things in life, in most cases we apply patches rather than fixing the root cause.

Over the years of use, our devices gets "littered" with all sort of software "garbage" mostly free apps, games, and each of those apps wants you to see the ads, which means less available network  bandwidth, and graphics requiring most processing power will make the cpu running hotter.

I suggest clearing the cache in your phone browser, stopping/disabling/uninstalling all background apps, then if that doesn't help do the device factory reset and have only ad-free (usually paid) aviation apps installed. 

I got a tablet JUST for flying. So I've only installed a nav app, and the build manual for my aircraft. I actually deleted some of the preinstalled apps as soon as I bought it just to keep it 'light'.

I just filled in my application. fairly straight forward, but I always worry I forgot to cross an I or dot a T 😄

• Like 1