Washers on bus bar

Or lack thereof! I bought two brass bus bars for my instrument panel ages ago and noted a lack of washers. Figured I'd cross that bridge later. Well it's later 😄

I'm pretty sure when I was an auto electrician, bus bars would come with star washers. But maybe I could get away with Loctite? I was trying in earnest to keep as much steel as possible away from the panel because of the compass. But now I realise my engine VDO type engine instruments (Aviasport) have nice big steel brackets to hold them in place! So what would a few tiny zinc star washers matter?

Thoughts?

16 hours ago, danny_galaga said:

I was trying in earnest to keep as much steel as possible away from the panel because of the compass.

Don't piss before your water comes. Any deviating effects your airframe, engine and avionics are likely to make on your magnetic compass will be dealt with when the aeroplane is complete and you swing the compass to get the data for your compass deviation card. You did ensure that when you bought your compass you specified that it had to be adjusted for Southern Hemisphere dip, didn't you?

• Like 3
  • Informative 1

19 minutes ago, old man emu said:

Don't piss before your water comes. Any deviating effects your airframe, engine and avionics are likely to make on your magnetic compass will be dealt with when the aeroplane is complete and you swing the compass to get the data for your compass deviation card. You did ensure that when you bought your compass you specified that it had to be adjusted for Southern Hemisphere dip, didn't you?

Yes, it's from Sert Efrika