AVID flyer/ Kitfox microlights in New Zealand?

AVIDSteve

Hi,

Any Avid or Kitfox folks in New Zealand? be great to link up to share tips and tricks etc.

I am just getting into ML from a long career in paragliding. Just acquired an Avid speedwing which I plan to move down to canterbury.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve, you can search by aircraft type at the CAA registration website:
https://www.aviation.govt.nz/aircraft/aircraft-registration/aircraft-register-search/

And a very good source of detail where you can search, for instance Avid Flyers of New Zealand is:
https://nzcivair.blogspot.com

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Paul davenport said:

I will be in the South Island touring after walking the Milford track. I would like to meet and see your Avid around the 8th of March

Hi Paul,

That would be great but the plane is still up in the middle of the north island. I am hoping to get it down here over the next few weeks.

Hi Ibob,

Thanks for that. I had come across that site but didnt find any avid info, until i searched. What a great resource and history. Our AVID is on there MMP. It is still sitting with Ian while we get prepared to bring it South. Then I will do the training on it (if I can get insurance). Think I will need to make a post about that. See who everyones insured with. it seems to be an issue.

Cheers

Steve

2 minutes ago, IBob said:

Hi Steve, my insurance is Avsure through Crombie Lockwood, I've found them very good to deal with:
[email protected]

Thanks Bob,

The sticking point seems to be the training. No idea why. There is an instructor right there to stop you breaking stuff and they won't even do third party for that. I'll check out avsure cheers