Lightwing for sale

FlyingVizsla

Having a hangar clean out.  Lightwing GA, 450kg, 2 seat, hangared at Childers Qld.  Has a new 912 with approx 80 hours, also available 912 (on condition) which it replaced.  L2 maintained until recently, suitable for training.  We've owned it since 2003.  Rego paid till Feb 2024.

Lightwing.jpg

• Like 1

I've been lurking on the Forum nearly every day, but haven't posted much.  Still have the C152, RANS and Karasport, but doing a bit of hangar clear-out to sell one of our 3 hangars.  Flying Club keeps me busy (Secretary/Treasurer) & Mr FZ on the committee.  This life of retirement seems far too busy and hectic.  How about you?  Want a cheap Lightwing?  It was bought so his boys could learn to fly, but they never did.  Sue 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FlyingVizsla said:

Having a hangar clean out.  Lightwing GA, 450kg, 2 seat, hangared at Childers Qld.  Has a new 912 with approx 80 hours, also available 912 (on condition) which it replaced.  L2 maintained until recently, suitable for training.  We've owned it since 2003.  Rego paid till Feb 2024.

Lightwing.jpg

price 

10 hours ago, BrendAn said:

price

Well, want it to go to a good home, someone who is interested in flying it, rather than someone who just wants to sell it on (we had two looking to buy everything for nothing & Mr FV got the irrits and ended negotiations).  So Last I Heard ... $10k with old engine, $20k with present 912.  Others have asked for engineless price, or price for 912s only - no idea. 

It isn't for a novice as it isn't the best that Lightwing produced.  Needs some future fabric work on the wings, elevators recently done, flying condition, but hasn't been taken up this year.  Hobbs 1624.  One buyer asked RAAus about using an "On-Condition" 912 with this plane, and there is a fee and inspection required.  I flew a similar Lightwing GA with the Barcaldine Aero Club (and Mr FV flew the same aircraft at Gympie Aero Club - small world!) and it was an issue for novice pilots.  So many in the Barcy Club nosed over or ground looped, that the Club kept a spare prop and ordered a new one.  I was one of the very few that didn't do either.  Land slow, taxi slow.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FlyingVizsla said:

Well, want it to go to a good home, someone who is interested in flying it, rather than someone who just wants to sell it on (we had two looking to buy everything for nothing & Mr FV got the irrits and ended negotiations).  So Last I Heard ... $10k with old engine, $20k with present 912.  Others have asked for engineless price, or price for 912s only - no idea. 

It isn't for a novice as it isn't the best that Lightwing produced.  Needs some future fabric work on the wings, elevators recently done, flying condition, but hasn't been taken up this year.  Hobbs 1624.  One buyer asked RAAus about using an "On-Condition" 912 with this plane, and there is a fee and inspection required.  I flew a similar Lightwing GA with the Barcaldine Aero Club (and Mr FV flew the same aircraft at Gympie Aero Club - small world!) and it was an issue for novice pilots.  So many in the Barcy Club nosed over or ground looped, that the Club kept a spare prop and ordered a new one.  I was one of the very few that didn't do either.  Land slow, taxi slow.

Thank you. Sounds like a good deal with either engine.

• Agree 1

On 05/03/2023 at 11:48 AM, FlyingVizsla said:

Lightwing.jpg

hi. i sent you a dm

@Arron25  Here is the old girl!  That's Lennie Fitzgerald, who learned to fly at 69(?), our oldest student.  Unfortunately Lennie is long gone.  The plane started with Gympie Aero Club (you could still see the lettering from inside on a sunny day) where Mr FV flew it.  Barcaldine Aero Club bought it and trained a number of students.  I did my conversion on it.  Then it was a rash decision (to my mind) to do a fire sale, with the loan nearly paid and a new engine in it.  It ended up with Keith Page, but a few years ago he bought a Jab and I have not heard of it since.  The Barcaldine Club folded just after selling the plane.

Old photo albums can be so depressing, all those lovely people & planes gone.  Hope to pass some of ours on to people who will enjoy them.

Lightwing Barcy 25-0327.png

• Like 3

Our Lightwing 55-0646.  Mr FV's son has advertised it on Facebook Marketplace (I assume) and has some interest.  So you may see it in more than one place.  We are not on Facebook, so can't look at what he has said, but I think its a higher price.  We don't have time to fly all our planes & maintain them, and our hangars, everything is getting old!! including us!  Hope it goes to a "good home".

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, FlyingVizsla said:

Our Lightwing 55-0646.  Mr FV's son has advertised it on Facebook Marketplace (I assume) and has some interest.  So you may see it in more than one place.  We are not on Facebook, so can't look at what he has said, but I think its a higher price.  We don't have time to fly all our planes & maintain them, and our hangars, everything is getting old!! including us!  Hope it goes to a "good home".

I sent a message but got no reply.  No point advertising if you don't reply to messages.

1 hour ago, BrendAn said:

I sent a message but got no reply.  No point advertising if you don't reply to messages.

all sorted. thanks for contacting me.

20 hours ago, facthunter said:

There WAS a different Ethos.   Nev

Lovely days - the L2 was some guy who built an aircraft, who offered his services for free to keep planes in the air.  You could walk onto the airstrip without security and chat to pilots.  The instructor was some bloke who did it in his spare time, often for free.  Myles & the Bunny Farmer would visit each year.  GA was expensive - LAME, certified Flying School etc.  Mr FV started on the Wheeler Scout (still got it, not flying), had to get a licence, did that on the T500, then went to the single seat KaraSport about 200 flights, then built the RANS and flew that ever since.  Naromine in the tent was great fun.  Last trip we drove and stayed in a motel - must be getting soft! or old!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, FlyingVizsla said:

Last trip we drove and stayed in a motel

Do you w ant me to send you a list of motels in Gilgandra where you can stay when you come to the Event in May?

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Hi FV, is the Lightning still available? Also do you do flight training at Childers? I have an RPC but looking for RPL. I’m in Bundy.. Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Crruzr said:

Hi FV, is the Lightning still available? Also do you do flight training at Childers? I have an RPC but looking for RPL. I’m in Bundy.. Thanks! 

It grew rockets???????????????????

• Haha 1

Yes, still for sale, a few interested, but we have to get some questions answered on the engine.  It is a little older than the installation date.  Does time start from manufacture, purchase or installation?  It was zero hours when it went in.  Waiting for Tech RAAus for guidance.  PM me if interested in looking as it is in Childers and we are only an hour away.