Drifter For Sale - wire braced 1999 model 582 electric start.

Blueadventures

Video description of the 1999 built Spectrum Aviation wire braced Drifter 19-3227 that is for sale, asking $15,500 hangared at Palmyra YPYA Mackay Queensland. Airframe hours presently 1011 hours and the 582 engine has 2 hours since being rebuilt with full rebuild kit including crankshaft etc from Bert Floods (done by an experienced rebuilder and only being sold for health reasons). A current annual is completed. Fuel and oil is pre mixed. Registered until 4 December 2023. Fitted with radio and two headsets included. Purchase includes engine cover, canopy cover and full wing and tail area covers. For serious intent persons, no tyre kickers please. Always hangared and has a full bubble front canopy. I am representing the owner with this sale so feel free to ask any questions and I have flown the Drifter from both the front and rear seats, phone 0427560876 (Mike) and I will arrange contact with the owner (Erik).
A flying test after current annual was completed on 5 January 2023 by the local CFI and the Drifter 19-3227 passed with flying colours. There are other images on this Facebook (Drifter Aircraft Appreciation Society) site. This price is good value with the rebuilt engine of less that 4 hours at time of this post. The aircraft log book, maintenance manual, maintenance release and POH are with the aircraft. The current annual expires 15 December 2023.
  • Like 2
  • Winner 1

On 11/03/2023 at 3:24 PM, facthunter said:

I know Franco (Arri) has a WB and yours is too. I've only ever flown SB 528's Is there much cruise speed difference?  Nev

G`Day Nev! I`ve flown the SB 582! the main difference between the Austflight Aviation built, SB 582 and the WB with a 582, is the SB usually comes with a large nose pod which makes it heaver and creates more drag! it really depends on how you want to fly! mine is the Austflight Aviation WB and I have the small nose pod! I want maneuverability.

The Specterum Aviation WB Drifters built by Wane Fisher are usually lighter than the Austflight Drifters, but the one for sale has a full front bubble canopy, so, there`s no point trying to compare it to the Austflight Drifters, without first having flown it! I`ve never flown one.

Franco.

• Helpful 1
  • Informative 2