Update on Classifieds Section

Admin

Hi, I have been getting asked a lot on what's happening with the Classifieds section of the site.

Recently the Forums software we use went to a minimum server requirement of php v8. If I didn't upgrade the server to php v8 I would not have been able to install any forum software updates including any security updates so I did. This meant that many of the other functions of the site like the Classifieds section no longer worked. I have been able to update most of them however Classifieds relies on a 3rd party who just isn't playing ball to the point that he is ignoring those that use Classifieds on their site.

The only way around this and to safeguard the site in the future from this type of thing is to develop our own Classifieds section BUT, it is a big job however I am nearly at a stage where I can switch it on. it will cover most things and I will be slowly building it up to a more powerful Classifieds section as time permits. keep watching over the next few days for Classifieds to appear again in the main side menu.

i apologise if this has caused anyone any inconvenience but it will be better in the long run ensuring that the Classifieds section won't be impacted like this again...thanks for your understanding...Ian

• Like 7
  • Agree 2
  • Winner 3

Update...

Nearly there. This is what the new Classifieds section will look like...you will notice that it looks very similar to the other sections of the site. I will update the view of the actuals listing into something that will look far more appealing as time goes on as that needs a lot more complicated coding

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 4
  • Informative 1

A new Classifieds section is now available by clicking "Classifieds" on the main side menu.

More work will be done to enhance the Classifieds section as time permits however I welcome any comments on how to improve it for you...thanks

• Like 1