SAAA - WTF?

walrus

WTF is that email about? A breach of CASA regulations or something else entirely? I haven’t seen such allegedly   summary justice meted out very often at all. Most disconcerting without knowing any background.

Interestingly, in an Incorporated Association, usually there is a Natural Justice process where a person can Appeal a decision like that.

1. The official can impose a sanction on the spot where an offence take place.

2. If the member doesn't think it's fair he/she appeals against it.

3. A Tribunal is set up and hears the merits of the argument and makes a decision to (a) uphold the decision and penalty, (b) reduce the penalty (c) Uphold the Appeal and dismiss the penalty.

I sat as an Appeals Tribunal Chairman for three years and the decisions were evenly spread between (a), (b), (c)

In one case a person who had just crossed the line to win a State Championship was disqualified for deliberately hitting another car and the Champion ship awarded to someone else. At the Appeal the Steward who reported her admitted he hadn't seen the incident, the Chief Steward who made the decision admitted he hadn't seen any incident, his witnesses admitted they hadn't seen anything happen at the location. The Appeal was upheld and she was awarded the State Championship.

The only costs involved were to drive to the Tribunal location near the track and give their versions.

Compliance and Enforcement is a two way street.

I dont want to know the details. i would like to know if this is an internal  SAAA matter or an external matter that could potentially affect other members.

Edited by walrus
  • Winner 1

If there was criminality involved, one would expect the Police to be involved by now. Sounds to me like the gent in question has just indulged in some conduct that has deeply offended the rest of the board, and which they regard as unethical conduct. Maybe he got caught in bed with the Presidents wife??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought I had posted something on this But it's up to the person involved to raise the matter and not for us to speculate. SAAA DOES change Office bearers quickly at times. It's ODD to expel a life member.Nev

• Agree 1